How google brings more business

Hey guys, if you are not ranking on the top of Google local listings, then you are missing out on some extra business big time. 

We just had a brand new website designed for us - www.gjtinting.com, I would say about a month 5 months ago. We were ranking nowhere near the top of Google local listings.

I’ve had multiple website over the years but never really cared about where they ranked in Google. Recently I have looked into the importance of a company having a strong online presence and how it can help bring in more business. It all made sense to me, because if you think about it everyone is using the Internet as their phone book now a days. Unless if you are a person who is active in the car community and find a good window tinting shop through word of mouth, then the internet doesn’t really matter. But if you think about it there is a lot of people who don’t go by word of mouth, they Google local businesses for their services and look at their reviews and what not.

So I figured if I put my business at the top of Google the chances of people browsing my website and calling is much higher than being on page two or three of Google. Because its throwing my website right in front of their face when they Google window tinting.

Obviously I don’t know anything about how to rank a website so I was told by a friend to call one of those SEO guys, so I did. He not only did many tweaks on my website to help rank it better, but he taught me how to get to the top of Google local listings.

Here is what he told me:

1)   Submit your business to Google My Business.

2)   List your business under all of the relevant categories. For example, window tinting services. Obviously that’s the only relevant category when it comes to window tinting, but you get the point.

3)    Make sure you fill out your listing as thorough as possible. Write your business description as long as possible; I made mine 500 words or more. Fill it with numerous key words, meaning words that people are likely to Google when looking for your website. For example mine was window tinting Grand Junction CO, best window tinting, residential window tinting, commercial window tinting, etc.

4)   Upload as many pictures as possible to every category of picture they have. They have three categories photos at work, team photos, and additional photos. I did 10 for each. Big tip: he said save each photo and re-name it under a key word, for example, best window tinting in so and so, where ever you are located.

5)   This is probably the hardest one yet, but try to get as many reviews as possible from people you do work for. If you get more than five reviews then Google gives you measurement of five stars and based on your reviews, determines your rating. It doesn’t really help in ranking, but it definitely gets people to click on your listing because theyinesssee your have five star reviews.

6)   Beef up your website with more videos, pictures, and content. By content I mean like your word count. Fill your paragraphs with unique and keyword rich content. Obviously I had the SEO guy write it, but he did 1,000 words just on my home page. He said no other business even has 500 words so outdoing the competitors is the goal and the more you write about window tinting Google thinks your website is the most relevant to the search so obviously they will rank you better.

7)   This one would really suck if I had to do it myself, but this SEO guy told me you need citations, the more the merrier. At first I was like what the heck is citations? He said it is where your business name, address, and phone number are listed across the web. For example list it in places like yelp, yellow pages, yellow book, etc. The more Google sees your business mentioned across the web the better it makes it look in their eyes. So obviously they will bump you up in the rankings.

That’s the process my SEO guy followed and it took about three weeks to get me to the top of the Google local listings, which he said is really quick. These projects usually take a month or two to finally see some real results.

But boy did it really pay off. Before the number of sales I did in a month wasn’t bad, I was satisfied, but after making my online web presence stronger I started getting phone call off the hook my monthly sales have doubled and business is a booming.

So I highly recommend looking into SEO if you want my SEO guys contact info just let me know, his email is keenlocal@gmail.com and he’s located in Beaverton, Oregon. Which doesn’t really matter, Een if you live in Texas because all of his work is done over computer anyways. I mean I live in Colorado and all we did was converse over the phone and email. He still delivered what he promised and did a great job at that.

​If you type in window tinting while you're in Grand Junction we are on top or if you Google window tinting Grand Junction.

post-41225-0-31043300-1462375990_thumb.png

There is also a way to send your customers a link to review you and the 5 stars are already filled out. I have one on the site and one on my email.

YouTube videos also rank well.

You can also do the virtual tour that loads to street view. A local verified photographer will do it for a reasonable price.

Another way to add content is by blogging at least once a week.

There is also a way to send your customers a link to review you and the 5 stars are already filled out. I have one on the site and one on my email.

YouTube videos also rank well.

You can also do the virtual tour that loads to street view. A local verified photographer will do it for a reasonable price.

Another way to add content is by blogging at least once a week.

Thanks for the additional information.

I thought about doing the virtual tour but call me paranoid, I wasn't sure if I wanted to show off the entire inside of my shop lol. Someone can easily plan to break in hahaha. But anyway, a guy came by my shop and offered the virtual tour to me but I thought it was overpriced for a shop my size. I think he said I would need about 6-8 spins at about $600-800. No thanks!