Please help to match my tint! Toyota 4Runner

jkc1985

hello all!  new to the forum and just got my 2016 Toyota 4Runner tinted.  I chose Formula One Pinnacle ceramic.  15 on the front and 35 on the rear over the stock privacy glass.  

I know some were complaining about how green the front windows were, but WOW wtf....I did not expect what I got.  Can someone PLEASE recommend a tint that will look any better than this?

window2_zps6xfzk27r.jpg

window1_zpsjbflrqq5.jpg

YEP :yep It is the glass!! New Toyota 's have the most yellow glass on the front 2 doors. There is no way to get a good match from the inside out. It's just not happening unless you have the door glasses replaced with Pilkington or some aftermarket glass that is not so yellow. Even so, you still won't be able to match the factory rear tint. :twocents

are there any tints that can diminish it a little bit?  Its so bad, lol

Ive read that 3M FX tint might do better, but then its taking away my ceramic....but at this point I might be game.

Not sure as I don't get to see all the different films against factory film. :sorry

I can recommend if you want to stay with ceramic,,, Global Ceramic is not bad. Not perfect but not bad. :dunno

are there any tints that can diminish it a little bit?  Its so bad, lol

Ive read that 3M FX tint might do better, but then its taking away my ceramic....but at this point I might be game.

Not sure as I don't get to see all the different films against factory film. :sorry

I can recommend if you want to stay with ceramic,,, Global Ceramic is not bad. Not perfect but not bad. :dunno

Is their tints more blueish?  I just contacted my toyota dealership and they said they use Global films as well.  Is that a good film?  I never hear about it.  I will call back and see what experience they have had specifically with 4runners.

No there film is not bluish. It is more brownish in my opinion.

You want to stay away from anything bluish. It will worsen your problem,, as the factory glass is yellow.

Yellow(glass) and Blue(tint) = make Green

Also,, YES-- they are a good film. One of the best. In my opinion again. :heh

Edited by Bham

No there film is not bluish. It is more brownish in my opinion.

You want to stay away from anything bluish. It will worsen your problem,, as the factory glass is yellow.

Yellow(glass) and Blue(tint) = make Green

hrmm - so did i make the issue worse using F1 Pinnacle?  So I could need something more green or charcoal?  Sorry for all of the questions, really new to tints outside of getting a couple cars tinted at shops.  This is the first car ive had that had privacy glass int he back.

No problem. Ask away.

The " matching factory tint " issue is a standard problem,, especially if you have never tried to do so. All manufacturers have different looking factory film,, and we tinters just CAN. NOT match it up. :thumbdown

Edited by Bham