Strange round shapes outside door glass

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive noticed this after heating out fingers with a small torch. might not be the same thing your seeing but its only noticeable when the window is wet.

Can't imagine what impact it has on the integrity of the 'temper' in the glass, if it leaves trace evidence of (high) heat.

ive noticed this after heating out fingers with a small torch. might not be the same thing your seeing but its only noticeable when the window is wet.

Correct. Only noticeable when window is wet. Or if one sprays solution on glass and wipes it. During the smearing process when wiping it's clearly noticeable. And you know what? It does look like cloud shaped circles that a heat impression can perhaps leave behind.

Also I noticed it when the vehicle has accumulated dust on the exterior glass. Areas in question are also visible in this scenario.

If and I'm not assuming he used a heat gun or torch on the outside glass area to heat up tint, is this normal practice?

Withou a picture... :dunno

It's like asking, "what do you think about this mark on my arm?"

To me, I am thinking it sounds like marks where the suction cups hold the the glass when the robots install it in the car. I see those circles all the time when I wet glass on cars. :dunno

Withou a picture... :dunno

It's like asking, "what do you think about this mark on my arm?"

To me, I am thinking it sounds like marks where the suction cups hold the the glass when the robots install it in the car. I see those circles all the time when I wet glass on cars. :dunno

I tried to take pics to attach to original post. But couldn't get the focus right.

If they were round then I'd say suction marks also. But appear cloud shaped round.

Not only are suction cups used to install the glass, they are used to hold build sheets, special instructions, parts bins, and lots of other things. And if a sticker is on the glass for any length of time, it will also leave those marks no matter how many times You try to clean it. Same with a grease pencil.  Quit worrying about what You see when the glass is wet. :lol

Archived