Bad Reputation?

Guest Blade

Guest Blade
is You cant DO LEgal Tint ANd Survive. Even if you Follow the LAw
Why the hell not? In WA. cops CAN'T ticket you until it's 23% or darker because they allow for factory glazing in the glass. That's pretty damn acceptable compared to your states laws.
SO wut is the Point.
The point is........I've apparently got a BAD? reputation because I follow the legal limits for our state. WTF?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is You cant DO LEgal Tint ANd Survive. Even if you Follow the LAw
Why the hell not? In WA. cops CAN'T ticket you until it's 23% or darker because they allow for factory glazing in the glass. That's pretty damn acceptable compared to your states laws.
SO wut is the Point.
The point is........I've apparently got a BAD? reputation because I follow the legal limits for our state. WTF?

dude dont flip out on me, but I dont Give a sh!t if you follow the law or not. This WHole stratagem of following the law is A COmpete BS to me. I have know ppl who got stopped with with 70% tint ALl around the the Tropper rolled the windows down and looked at the top edge and gave ticket for each window becuase of the tint just being aFter Market. This whole drama of following the law and staying leagle is all Bunch of Crap you dont Follow 55 MPH when you Drive you either Go 56, or 50 you are Still Breaking the LAw. STAY LEAGLE ABOUT TINTING TO ME IS JUST BUNCH A CRAP. :rollin Ask most of the tinters Here they have done some or Little or Wut not Illeagle Tint in thier career. EVEN YOU I AM SURE OF ThAT.

Guest Blade
Ask most of the tinters Here they have done some or Little or Wut not Illeagle Tint in thier career. EVEN YOU I AM SURE OF ThAT.

Been doin' it almost 18 years.....nuff said!

This whole drama of following the law and staying leagle is all Bunch of Crap

Not to me.....There's a written law here that I can get up to a $1500 fine and jail time for installing film that doesn't meet legal specs. I've been threatened by troopers for it. I'm not about to risk a $1500 fine for a $150 tintjob on some jackasses car I'll never see again.

you dont Follow 55 MPH when you Drive you either

That's for damn sure.......I drive an RX-8. :inot It can't go 55! :poop BTW.....it's not 55 here, it's 70, except for the last mile of my drive. :rollin

dude dont flip out on me

I'm not......it's all good. We're all different...

I could do a great deal of business everyday, do illegal,but since Im still new to the tint Co Op and the fine's are as Blade stated,I'm just to scared to do it.Thank Goodness for my Detailing Business or I would have to do illegal tint to support my family and thats a fact of life.3 out of four customers want illegal and since there is only me in my town, and 1 in the next town 7 miles away I cant figure where they go.Hellp Im even the only one with a AD in the yellow pages for my town :rollin :booga

Now here is some ignorance. I know for a fact that the "federal Law" was inacted for the visibility of the drivers to see each other. Turns out that a two lane road is about the stupidest place you can do 70mph because the other guy is also doing 70mph and your closing speed is 140mph which, unless you are superman or Dale Earnhardt Jr means you got no reaction time. Or better yet, at intersections where incoming traffic can't see out the side window. So Blade, your idea about cops seeing in ain't got no balls. Its an urban legend some lazy minded people think sounds about right. Now the Federal boys got the money, which they give to states at a rate of about $8 federal to $1 state, when the state spends the money on the Eisenhower Interstate System. Now this system gets our military to the west coast if the Chinese invade us and the East coast if it is the Germans. So to get the money, which we all know is the real effort of every politician, the state has to be in line with the federal guidlines on tint. Now here is the question for the lazy minded among you. What if the idiot federal worker that came up with these restrictions (which is 32%) is wrong about its safety function? Maybe the government ain't been wrong before?

Guest skeeter

Last week I had a city cop and a state trooper in my shop in VA at the same time. Both went illegal. The city cop at 35 on the fronts for his baby and the trooper 15 on the rear of his firebird cause he travels home at night from NE VA every chance he gets and the glare from headlights was blinding him. Illegal is illegal, but it is so easy to justify many request. The biggest trouble we see here in SW VA and Piedmont NC is making sure the inspectors pass the tint with their meters. My meter will read 30 and the inspectors 32. Or vice versa. Wish all the states would leave tint legalities to the police. JMO

Guest Blade
So Blade, your idea about cops seeing in ain't got no balls.
I think my statement was when the cop's approaching the car.......I mean after it's pulled over.....WALKING UP TO THE CAR.
Blade dont you hate it when customer comes in saying...I hear your the best around.....Yes Id like to get my windows tinted in chrome or limo

Hell yes....I hate that. :rollin Blah blah blah....I'm a friend of so and so.....

I'm beatin' a dead horse here......too many illegal tinters around.

Amen Skeeter,Hey sent you a customer with a car with john deer graphics to be put on the tint{Chrome} after your done ,silver ! with big chrome wheels and a 3000 gt that has tint and wants it retinted ,not ready for either of those projects yet :poop Hope they showed or called :rollin

Archived