Bad Reputation?

Guest Blade

Guest thetintshop

I agree with metint. :thumb

while there are a few, and I mean very few, there are some customers out there who respect you for what you do.

and a few tinters. :lol

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cops are the 1st ones to request 20% on the front doors. I tell em its not legal in NY state and they reply "Im not getting a ticket"

The other one I hear is "70% is illegal and 50% is illegal and 35% is illegal so I might as well go with the 20% if there all illegal anyway"

Its hard to argue

Guest S and S

It is hard to argue. Cops are the worst. I did the cheifs car and he got 15 all the way around. I told him when he came that he would be back. That was a month ago. Yesterday I redid the driver and passenger to 35.

Guest XQUIZIT

In certain states you guys have to stay legal and we respect that, but here in NY with the law at 70% you just can't tint legally. I mean 35% here is illegal. What are we to do?

Blade... that isn't a bad rep to law abiding citizens. Stand your ground and never apologize for doing the right thing. :rollin

Amen to that call metint.

Cops are the 1st ones to request 20% on the front doors.  I tell em its not legal in NY state and they reply "Im not getting a ticket"

The other one I hear is "70% is illegal and 50% is illegal and 35% is illegal so I might as well go with the 20% if there all illegal anyway"

Its hard to argue

thank you Jhonny See my Point. With Different State Laws its very Stupid. you can have Florida Plates on your Car in NY. and Have em Tinted 5% all around and Drive. Technically COps Ca'nt Give you Tint tickets Cuz they should ONly Go by the State. Becuase it is a State Law only . NOw the only legit ticket will be if you get it from the Florida Cop. SOo their Goes the whole Deliema aabout Doing the Legal Tint or Not. IT is JUST BIG BUNCH A Bull Sh I T

:rollin

Guest denvertinter
I'm not about to risk a $1500 fine for a $150 tintjob on some jackasses car I'll never see again.

See I told ya you were a hack. You even admit it by charging only 150 for cars. :rollin

Pricing depends soley on your market conditions - I.e. how many other shops are close and what they are charging.

Personally, I wont (cant) bid any car under $175 - mainly b/c I have tinters do the work. However, I won't give *less than legal* estimates over the phone and there's plenty of local shops that are doing the work for less (with crap film I imagine - or they're dumber than I thought)

In the off season in CO, I'm losing at least 3 out of 5 callers b/c my prices are higher. It's a relatively new shop - so we don't really have a rep yet. Heck, there's shops in town tinting cars for $125 or less. :beach

I wouldn't be ?'ing anyone's pricing (and ability) unless you truely know their specific situation.

Guest mosolarpro

I get probably 5 calls or walkins a day asking for 20% on the front, I say no and tell them the law is 35 and they say so I want 20, so I loose alot of business to the compition that will do it and it costs me money and they make it. makes me wonder. I even had I lifeflight pilot wednesday say well I had it on my last truck and I want it on this one too.

Archived