Tint Removal and Re-Tinting: Will it be "Perfect"?

can you take some close up good quality photos of these bubbles or contamination you have?

You will normally get a few specs of dust as its in the air and the only way around that is a booth and full decontamination of that car which means very detailed wash including washing all rubbers out, ideally all glass removed in a vacuum chamber and you would have to be suited up etc and this then turns your few hundred dollar job into a few thousand dollar job

hard to say without seeing the problem here.

I've had customers not want to pay because of 1 spec of dust in the entire job, in that case i remove all and you leave my shop because they were just trying to get a free tint job and i know they will not get better elsewhere. you sound reasonable so wouldn't put you in this category.

When we remove and re tint it is more difficult to get 100% perfect install, different adhesives  require different chemicals to get them off some chemicals break them down into a liquid others make them break up into all little grainy bits of adhesive which easily stick to the glass even after scrubbing and squeegeeing it can take 3 - 5 cleaning attempts to remove all these and even then 1 or 2 may remain and we miss them. I take my time and do the best job i can but also run a business so for say a job worth 350 to me i cannot afford to spend 5-6 hours on it so it does sometimes make it hard for 100% perfect install, unless i got paid to spend 6 hours then i would have no excuses for it to be pretty damn good (still may have a few specs of dust that is airborne)

please post up or link some photos and id be happy to give my opinion

Archived