2015 Mustang Convertible

Dakota21601

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i charge at least $50 more for the convertible(and that's if i'm in a good mood)-i hate doing those windows with the way they are mounted in.  you always get some crap in the top or bottom

I try not to use heat gun much because the window is glued on the top

I cut the pattern a little short on top/sides maybe to stay out of the threads/fabric

And run strips(1/2in?)of black vinyl/trim tape on the outside of the glass to hide the daylight that you really can't avoid even with a close cut pattern

Any decent black vinyl will work or satin black,,,super hot sunbelt areas premium vinyl will last longer

Trying to get a perfect close cut hasn't been fun and have to wait til the moisture solution drys before a cheater paint marker pen will apply on the inside and will still see some daylight from the top angle of the glass

post-40089-0-67048100-1464015529_thumb.j

Convertibles are GRAVY!! Easy money. :thumb2

Just let the custy know about the rear glass. Use a paint pen. DONE!!

Put the top down,, do the easy azz doors. DONE!!

Pay Me!!!!! :money

Seriously thay have no need to be shrunk, just put it in. If you have light. Go to Michael's or Amazon and purchase "puffy paint" It's 3$ matte black is best. It's like a gasket maker for tinters. I also use the matte white for or brown for French pane architectural installations

Seriously thay have no need to be shrunk, just put it in. If you have light. Go to Michael's or Amazon and purchase "puffy paint" It's 3$ matte black is best. It's like a gasket maker for tinters. I also use the matte white for or brown for French pane architectural installations

:chin Nice. I might have to try the puffy paint thing. :thumb2

Archived