2015 Mustang Convertible

Dakota21601

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any decent black vinyl will work or satin black,,,super hot sunbelt areas premium vinyl will last longer

Trying to get a perfect close cut hasn't been fun and have to wait til the moisture solution drys before a cheater paint marker pen will apply on the inside and will still see some daylight from the top angle of the glass

That is one of those new bad ass rulers!

Worth the money?

If you have a very flat surface/table,,I made a 6ft+8ft table with 3/4in plywood,saw horses,,not perfectly flat long ways,,but I have a sliding door glass on one end for cutting up tint or vinyl graphics

Its 52in,,there are 96in ones and other sizes,I use carpet metal things mostly were table is not flat

post-40089-0-70281300-1464209643_thumb.j

Vinyl is not really a viable option for this vehicle, should only be used to cover frit or for matrix of you will. Especially in the vehicle that were discussing. I can only think of maybe 1 or 2 vehicles where vinyl would be an option for " light gaps". Here in the law vegas heat it wouldn't stand a chance. There is a guy here I seen use a perfect straight peice of matte black vinyl to hide a light gap on the front 2 Windows. It took longer to align it and cut then it would to just redo the door. He tried that on a few cars. Every customer came back to have it redone.

Paint pen is also a very big "nono" in any shop that has high standards for quality installations. The puffy paint is really good if you don't like to trim rubbers. It's almost like caulking the gap or adding an attachment. If you try it you will never use a paint pen again. If the gap is large enough to where you feel you need to use vinyl to hide it. My professional recommendation would be to simply redo the widow and make proper adjustments in your pattern via hand cut or your plotting software

Now having mentioned that, on the new vw golf, gti etc. You can apply a premium black or matte black vinyl to the entire peice of glass from the outside and it will look amazing. Cutomers don't even remeber there was a peice of glass there.

Anyone seen how long exterior applications of vinyl/tape lasts on a personal vehicle?

In not so sunny NY,,intermiedate black vinyl lasts long time

I covered the big dot matrix top outside of the rear glass on my 2003 sun fire about 7 years ago= corners are slight peeling

White or silver cars I have used that color vinyl if they like it or just peel it down and use matrix magic mess stuff

Just a small strip on top of them mustang convertibles has lasted and they haven't came back for a redoo if it goes bad,,that I offer if

Its a fast daylight hiding option and looks factory if you cut it nice lol

Anyone seen how long exterior applications of vinyl/tape lasts on a personal vehicle?

In not so sunny NY,,intermiedate black vinyl lasts long time

I covered the big dot matrix top outside of the rear glass on my 2003 sun fire about 7 years ago= corners are slight peeling

White or silver cars I have used that color vinyl if they like it or just peel it down and use matrix magic mess stuff

Just a small strip on top of them mustang convertibles has lasted and they haven't came back for a redoo if it goes bad,,that I offer if

Its a fast daylight hiding option and looks factory if you cut it nice lol

When you lay it up on exterior and trim top edge can you still see light bending around it?

Archived