Answer to MIke MN

Mike, I lay a entire sheet over the radius window... Cut the top left and right excess off, .. Tape it to the frame.. Then draw the pattern ( mulions ) with a sharpie on the liner. Take it down.. Rough cut it .. Then cut 1 straight edge so I have a starting point . I always use the most upper one as the straight edge where possible. post-27261-0-37114700-1463859801_thumb.p

Mike, I lay a entire sheet over the radius window... Cut the top left and right excess off, .. Tape it to the frame.. Then draw the pattern ( mulions ) with a sharpie on the liner. Take it down.. Rough cut it .. Then cut 1 straight edge so I have a starting point . I always use the most upper one as the straight edge where possible. attachicon.gifimage.png

I kind of do them the same way, on the job pics below I ascertained all of the measurements  I needed and then pre-cut all of the film at the shop, and used a paper cuter for the square panes and used a strait edge and hand cut the curves. 270 pcs of film cut on that table.

For the curved panes I cut all of the film needed for the job at the same time.

203_zpsdr4t1xll.jpg

204_zpsu1k03qgz.jpg

f8a81e54-8851-46e5-b334-b1cbe9060cef_zps

With all that effort Mike... Charging accordingly do they ever frown at the price?

If you bid a PITA job, you bid it high and make it worth doing, if you do not get it then let someone else lose money or trade dollars doing it.

However on this one it was a high profile job, lets just say they got a great deal.

Archived