Side Window. Question

I usually try to get both corners tucking and get the bottom edge to lay across the sweep right away.  Then I can use the EZ to feed it in, stretch it out into the corners and squeegee it out in a stretching pattern.  Seems to minimize any finger issues.  

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont tuck too much film. On very tight bottom seals you'll have trouble tucking more than a 1/16 of an inch. When the outside/inside bottom seal are equal, i bump the film slightly above the bottom seal to lesses the amount that will tuck. Did a beemer last week where i got it right at the seal. Way easier to tuck and less chance of sucking up contamination.

Dont tuck too much film. On very tight bottom seals you'll have trouble tucking more than a 1/16 of an inch. When the outside/inside bottom seal are equal, i bump the film slightly above the bottom seal to lesses the amount that will tuck. Did a beemer last week where i got it right at the seal. Way easier to tuck and less chance of sucking up contamination.

Take out the sweep and will never have that problem....bmw are easy to take off the sweep...remove the screw behide the trim and pop the top panel and it just come out...

Guest temonunez26

Thanks...i thought about that too...i just really want to avoid pulling and possibly damaging panels and breaking clips and such

Dang if you feel like that maybe you should hang up the apron lol

I don't use a plotter. I know a few guys do scale them down some though for the half peel. A simpler way to fix that is to remove the sweep or panel and drop it in in one piece.

This. Clips are cheap....keep some on-hand. Most cars nowadays come apart pretty easily. Instructions fortaking most apart are found on this website. :D

Archived