Want to get in tint business. NO EXPERIENCE

Currently i am working full time and make average income. I always had the desire to get into the tinting world and make more income. The only experience i have is tinting my own home windows which came out ok. I have thought of reaching out to local private tinting people to offer help in return for experience and knowledge. An then in return begin to start out on my own building a reputation on my tinting work. I have a house and garage which i fell i can build my reputation or work. I know the cost it takes to buy tint and tools and know the possibility to see a net profit down the road. Im looking for advice for best tint to buy at a good price and what ever knowledge anyone has to offer. Thanks. Also i am very quick learner in automotive and enjoy working on cars. 

Easy access films might be found through Express Window Films, Global Window Films, SolarFx Window Films, Madico Window Films, Hanita Window Films, Johnson Window Films, GeoShield Window Films for starters. There are so many brands to choose from these days it'll make your head spin. Most of the hard to access films are those top names everyone throws around here on the board. Some sellers only deal in automotive, others in both auto and architectural.

You will find it more difficult to learn automotive tint installation versus learning architectural. Learn auto installation before architectural and it's an easy transition from one to the other. Learn architectural before auto and the transition is usually more difficult. The key to success is in the double three P's... Practice, Practice, Practice and Patience, Patience, Patience. Also, it's a good rule of thumb to remember, "Window film is like dealing with an undisciplined child, it'll do what it wants to do, not what you want it to do".

Good Luck!

GOOD LUCK........YOU GOING TO NEED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to say this was the hardest skill to learn and you will never master it as long as auto company keep making new model vehicle......I am also a quick learning.....now I have to say....I am not a quick learner when it come to window tinting.....

Go to your bank, take out all the money you can, then set it on fire.  After it has burnt away, go back to work and make more.

That was some good advice.

What does everyone recommend as far as what!?!? Brand of tint to use? Ask ten tinters, get ten different answers. The site has a search, if you have specific questions, search. Remember, you are asking the same professionals that you will be taking jobs from, for their advice on how to do it. You said in your initial post that you had a full time job with an average income....many here would probably trade you in a second.

You will figure it out....after all...it's not like you are trying to reinvent the wheel....right? :twocents

The best suggestion to give you is if you are serious about learning how to tint, invest in taking a training course. Stan, a member here, offers classes.

This is a trade just like any other trade, so treat it like one. If you wanted to be a doctor, you would go to school. Same here. You will learn a lot faster by being properly taught w/ hands on training.

If you don't want to spend the money to be trained, then I would question your commitment level to be honest.

Just my 2 cents. :thumb

Archived