Summer BBQ Ideas

Guest Olfablade

Guest thetintshop
im from Kentucky, the BBQ capital of the world.  My recipes are SECRET, no can do :shiz

yeah, FX keeps those recipes to himself. I tried to get FX to give me some once before, but he's locked together at the knees. :spit

pork soaked in 1/2 cup soy, spoon of (fresh use more) ginger, spoon of garlic for 1 day (good for tenderloin)

On the pit, near the end of the cook, start in basting the sauce which is equal parts (1/2 cup) brown sugar, honey, and a spoonful of sesame oil to taste. Baste too soon and the sugary stuff burns to black! Temps around 315

Atomic Buffalo Turds (Modified)

Southside Johnny's KawCajun Atomic Coonass hizzo'durvez

16-20 med/large jalapeno peppers - halved lengthwise & seeded

1# sliced bacon - cut in half = 32-40 half slices

Put 40-50 round wooden toothpicks in bowl of water

8 oz Philly Cream Cheese

8 oz tub whipped Philly Cream Cheese - onion/chive

Juice of 1/2 lime

1 Tbsp honey

1/2 cup chopped crawfish tails - cooked (shrimp works good, too)

1 Tbsp fine diced pepperoni (8-10 slices)

2 pineapple rings - diced fine, excess juice pressed out

8-10 black olives - diced fine, drained well

1 tsp coonass mustard

2/3 cup fine shredded cheddar cheese

Split & seed jalapenos - set aside. Cut slab of bacon in half & set aside @ room temp to get soft & flexible. Mix the two kinds of cream cheese, the honey & lime juice together until soft & smooth. Fold in the crawfish, pepperoni, pineapple, olives & mustard. Mix well, then add the shredded cheddar & lightly mix. Fill each jalapeno pepper half with the cheese mixture, and put them on a platter & refridgerate for about a helf hour...to firm up the cheese (it's easier to roll w/bacon when they firm up). Roll each stuffed jalapeno with 1/2 slice of bacon & secure with wet toothpick. Sprinkle top with a lil' Tony Chachere's...

Smoke/cook on smoker or Weber kettle (cheese side up) using indirect heat...temp 275*-300* for about 30-35 minutes...until bacon is done and peppers are al dente' ~ no need to turn over, etc. When done, remove to platter, and let set @ room temp for a few minutes before serving. I drizzled 'em with a lil' fresh lime juice when they were on the serving platter, and served with a bowl of Cowboy Candy for dipping!

Atomic Buffalo Turds (simple)

*Cut stem off Jalape?os.

*Slice in half. (I have found that if they are small, cut the top 1/3 off instead of half-makes a better pocket)

*Remove all seeds and veins ( I use a spoon )

*Stuff cheese-your choice. Recipe calls for cream cheese but we like the mild cheddar

*Put a sliver of meat-your choice Could be butt, brisket, chicken, etc.

*Wrap with bacon and put a tooth pick to hold

Grill until bacon is done to your liking-but done. Can smoke, put in oven or what ever

*Serve with your favorite beverage-Beer is really good

Boston Butt on the pit

2 tbs paprika

1 tbs each brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, granulated sugar

2 tsp kosher salt

1.5 tsp black pepper

1/2 tsp cayenne

That should do one whole shoulder or just a butt. I cook at about 225for about an hour per lb..... but it is done whenever it hits an internal temp of 195-200 or so. do you have a probe or instant read thermometer? You'll need one. And can you cover that open pit? You want the smoke to sink in.....

Boston Butt (revised)

3T. paprika

1/4c. brown sugar

1/4c. granulated sugar

1 1/2t. cayenne pepper

2T. Kosher salt

1T. ground cumin

1 1/2t. chili powder

1T. ground pepper

I only use about 1/2 a cup of rub on my meat. I also mist with a mixture of apple cider and apple cider vinegar while cooking.

Recipe Name: Heinz Ketchup Basic Barbecue Sauce

Ingredients:

1/4 cup water

1/4 teaspoon celery seed

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon chili powder

1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce

2 tablespoons Heinz Vinegar

1/2 cup Heinz Tomato Ketchup

2 tablespoons Heinz Worcestershire Sauce

2 tablespoons brown sugar

Directions:

In saucepan, combine all ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.

Makes about 3/4 cup of sauce.

An excellent trick is to add some Drippings from the meat to some KC BBQ sauce. heat together and cool, it is best on the following day.

Guest SQUEEGEE
im from Kentucky, the BBQ capital of the world.

I'm sorry FX but you must have forgot about a lil ole state called TEXAS that boasts the most and best BBQ per capita the world over.

In fact I'd put the states of barbecuic (is that a word) importance in this order and their listed specialty.

TEXAS - Brisket

Tennessee- Ribs

North/South Carolina - Pulled Pork

St. Louis - Ribs

Kentucky? - Fried Chicken maybe but BBQ :rollin

That sawdust is starting to creep into the lungs and the lack of oxygen must be clouding your judgement. :rollin

The Squeej is quite the 'cue master. :rollin

Archived