2016 Camry VSE....getting windows tinted. HELP!

Magda2017

Hello all.  I'm looking for a great look, not "ghetto" blackout....but a nice % and type of film.  What to get, how much to spend, etc.

Question 1:  What kind of money to spend to get it right?

Question 2:  What to get AND what not to get.

Question 3:  Any pointers.

Thanks

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well considering virtually anything is illegal there except a 4" strip I'm not going to suggest shades. In nc 35% is the legal limit so it's the most popular. Not real light but not real dark either. Prices vary so much it's hard to say exactly what you would be paying. My guess would be starting around 200 for a standard dyed film, maybe a little less maybe a little more. Now if you start looking at ceramic film (which I would recommend) you're going to be spending more. The best thing to do is to search out a good installer that will stand behind his work. So many times people come up here complaining about not the 99 dollar tint job but the 250 to 350 job they got and are not satisfied with. If possible get the installer or shop owner to show you a vehicle or two in person not in pictures. :twocents

I agree with most of what jh812 said.  The only thing I wouldn't necessarily agree with is the part about recommending ceramic.  I mean it's great if you want it, but up north where you are, I don't think you would have enough hot days to justify going ceramic.   :twocents

It is in the 80's right now there so heat rejection wouldn't be a bad thing.  Not to mention typically a Ceramic film will be higher quality, longer lasting, and either have premium dyes or dye-free.  Key word is typically though.

Ugh...climate change! Sorry...I'm way down on the east coast and forget the temps they get up there. :thumb

Archived