Does Suntec CXP really come in 25% like my installer said?

Guest Fateswarning

Guest Fateswarning

Easiest thing to do, call Suntek themselves. 888-321-5111

I've been driving myself crazy, as usual, researching all aspects of a purchase decision.

Reading this forum I've learned so much about all the different manufactures, technologies and percentages.

One of the biggest take aways I've gotten from this forum is that the installer's expertise is the most important. I've found a great installer in San Diego, San Diego tint. They offer many different types of tint. I've settled on Suntec CXP. I'm having a hard time deciding between 18 and 35 percent. My guy said I should go for 25%.

That sounds great but when I look it up, CXP doesn't come in 25% but Suntec Carbon does. That is an older technology though right? My guy insists that CXP comes in 25%. Is that true or am I going to get a lesser technology? He says he can do CXP or 3M CS for the same price $310 cash. I know I'm probably over-thinking it.

Guest Fateswarning

Thanks. I specifically brought up the fact that CXP does not come in 25% but the regular carbon does. He insisted that CXP does and that makes me not trust him now, even though he seems to an otherwise reputable installer.

Guest Fateswarning

stop by their shop, ask to see the films and say i don't mean to be rude but suntek does not have it listed on their site could i see a roll of the cxp25 ?

You're right. I don't know if I'd be comfortable with that though.

Easiest thing to do, call Suntek themselves.  888-321-5111

Another good point. I'm pretty sure it's not a coincidence that the CXP doesn't list 25% and the regular carbon does but that's obviously the way to know for sure.

Thanks everyone.

Guest Fateswarning

Okay DA, I took your advice and called. I never thought it would be so easy.

Contrary to our research, they added a 25% grade to the CXP line but haven't listed it yet. I was shocked how quickly they answered my call and the had the information.

I was torn between percentages. I felt as though 35 would not be dark enough but 18 might be a bit of a cop magnet. I think 25 will be the Goldie Locks shade, just right. Anyone have any percentage advice?

Yeah its not on thier website, but is on my pricing sheet. 25% is a nice shade. It blends better with 35% and is good for matching front windows with rear privacy glass, since 18% can make them slighlty darker than the rear.

Guest Fateswarning

San Diego tint has a great rep and he's been really nice to me. I feel bad for doubting him but I figured that the Suntec site would be current and list all the tint percentages.

I think 25% will look great on all five side windows and either 18 or 5 on the back window.

Archived