Does Suntec CXP really come in 25% like my installer said?

Guest Fateswarning

Easiest thing to do, call Suntek themselves. 888-321-5111

I've been driving myself crazy, as usual, researching all aspects of a purchase decision.

Reading this forum I've learned so much about all the different manufactures, technologies and percentages.

One of the biggest take aways I've gotten from this forum is that the installer's expertise is the most important. I've found a great installer in San Diego, San Diego tint. They offer many different types of tint. I've settled on Suntec CXP. I'm having a hard time deciding between 18 and 35 percent. My guy said I should go for 25%.

That sounds great but when I look it up, CXP doesn't come in 25% but Suntec Carbon does. That is an older technology though right? My guy insists that CXP comes in 25%. Is that true or am I going to get a lesser technology? He says he can do CXP or 3M CS for the same price $310 cash. I know I'm probably over-thinking it.

What did you put on the front rollups?

Guest Fateswarning

I haven't done it yet, my appointment is this Saturday.

I'm pretty set on going with 25% for all the side roll ups. I want darker on the back window 18% or 5%. (Is it referred to as the back windshield?)

Ya, laws.....In IN it is 30% on everything.  Nothing on windshield.  I have NEVER had anything lighter than 20%, been pulled over many many times, mostly when I was younger, and never even questioned about tint.  Right now I have 50% windshield, 20% fronts and 5% rear sides and back.  Never had an issue.  Now that being said, my buddy from Chicago got pulled over all the time and ticketed.  So it depends on where you are and how they are about it.  I mean honestly here factory tint is illegal.  lol.  My van meters 20% in the rear already.  

But what I was really on here to say is that remember the 25% is going to read like a 21/22% anyways on the glass.  My Carbon 18 on my van reads out 14.  Be a nice match to the rear.

Guest Fateswarning

I should have been more clear. Ca says 4" on windshield, 70% front, any on back. So in CA some factory tint may technically lower than 70% on front windows. I attached a chart of state laws. post-41458-0-80506600-1464904524_thumb.pngpost-41458-0-80506600-1464904524_thumb.png

Archived