shrinking directly on inside of windshield

Hello, I'm a DIYer. i am replacing my front windshield and tinting it at the same time. since the new windshield will be outside of the car, is there any reason not to just slap that tint right on the inside surface with the adhesive backing removed and kill two birds with one stone? is there a reason why everyone shrinks outside of the car? (other than the obvious, that there's very little access inside the car)

Personally, I'm not a fan of tinting anything when it's not in the car. A body shop brought me up a 1/4 glass out of an Accord coupe yesterday. I told them, "install it, and bring it back." I always get a cleaner job when the glass is in the vehicle. Why? Well, lets say for instance your situation. Where are you going to put the windshield to tint it? On a stand right? Laying horizontal. Where will dust land as you remove the liner from the film? On the horizontal surface. On the other hand, ifthe windshield is installed, how much dust will fall onto the inside of the glass? Hope that makes sense.... :gasp

Hello, is there a reason why everyone shrinks outside of the car? (other than the obvious, that there's very little access inside the car)

:waving

The simple answer. SCRATCHES :yep

Shrinking on the inside would mean hard carding the scratch coat instead of the liner. :wrong This would lead to so many scratches in the film, it would be unacceptable. :thumb

Archived