Markup on tint

when we used QuickBooks we just kept track of the amount of film used per car and when we put the price in we divided the amount of film by the price and then it's easy to see what you're making. Never had anyone question why there was so many numbers on the invoice

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We do not seperate film/labor because don't want customers to ask about the different prices.  So we charge tax on the whole service.

How do you track that when it comes down to Sales and Use Tax return?

We charge tax on the full amount and pay that amount to the government.  To me it is cleaner that way plus only had 1 customer complain about paying tax since most expect too.

We do not seperate film/labor because don't want customers to ask about the different prices.  So we charge tax on the whole service.

How do you track that when it comes down to Sales and Use Tax return?

We charge tax on the full amount and pay that amount to the government.  To me it is cleaner that way plus only had 1 customer complain about paying tax since most expect too.

Correct if I'm wrong, but wouldn't you be taxed twice? Once for your invoice and then one more time for the payroll since you don't have "Labor" on your invoices?

Archived