Where can I buy decent tint?- In Store only-

Yeah, his first question was answered well.

His next questions, "do I need a business license", I can see why that was answered with a face palm, and "what is the best film" almost always gets the Klingon response because there really isn't a right answer to that question.

Humor is part of the human equation, so it's natural that people try to answer with humor, I do it all the time, it's not always appropriate, but such is life. :dunno

Don't get me wrong, I like some good humor, but I also have been trying to respect the questions that people ask not only when I can on the forum, but also the ones who come to me at my place of employment and try to educate and inform them the best I can.

whats the best all around tint and where can you get the best whole sale prices?

The best film is the one that you can install comfortably and trust and the same can be said for from who you buy it from. Most internet sites have a contact button that will give you a telephone number to actually talk to a person that might be able to point you in the right direction for in-store purchases for your area and whether or not you will need a license to purchase. Worse case scenario, either they will not allow you to purchase or you might have to pay the state sales tax. 

Many of the top film brands in the industry will require a biz license and or business bank account before a sale is made. 

A business license (at the county or state level) is not needed to install window film however, it is a necessity to succeed from a 'being in business' perspective.

I'm generally suspect of a question like OP's when they claim "7" years experience and don't know where to get film.

In my book that gets a dose of humor.

But seriously I do have a couple of feet of material in my van though. Unless of course someone else responds to the Psst

The 7 years experience might be an installer that never had to deal with film reps or purchasing and just installed what was handed to him. May not really know where to start if deciding to go on his own and where to buy from. :dunno

Archived