Unf*cking Believable- Lost bid to Solar Screen Co!

Guest SQUEEGEE

Guest Readyman

You could try to go back to your customer and find out what type of screen they are looking into. If it comes with only a 5-7 year warranty you may be able to sell them on the idea of longer coverage with the film. Plus the film doesn't present a cleaning problem like the screens will.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Solar Screens are dark, look like crap and only last about 5 years. They are hard to keep clean especially if you live in an area where the wind kicks up.

Many screen companies also claim to block 99% of the UV,  :hmmm  but think about it, all of the light that is coming in enters through all those little holes that allow light in, it does not pass through any UV filters, so how can it reduce UV?

We used to do Solar Screens a few years ago but stopped because they were a pain the ass.

Now that's what I like to hear. :lol:thumb

Guest SQUEEGEE

When I was quoting the guy he said he thought about solar screens. I told him about the visability issues, lack of UV protection and weathering issues considering the product is exposed to the outdoors, rain, wind, dirt and oxidation.

Although it's true they cut down a noticeable amount more heat than does film I didn't think they were and overall better application. I believe I spoke the truth when I told him so.

In the end the old bastard went for the low price which is what it all amounted to.

It was just discouraging to lose a bid that I don't believe I would have lost to another film company to a solar screen company.

Guest SQUEEGEE

Oh yeah, one more thing. As MDOG can attest North Texas is infested with Spring and Summer thunder storms that often produce straight line winds that easily top 50-70 mph. Can't wait to see the old bugger bust his ass chasing one of his screens down the road. :thumb

Guest Readyman
Can't wait to see the old bugger bust his ass chasing one of his screens down the road. 

Buy Cheap, Buy Often.

This guy will get what he deserves.

Guest skeeter

I've noticed the jobs I've lost to eventually losing a screen or two. They also look like shiot. Try selling him interior shades (now available in embossed or regular film) at extremely reasonable pricing. My profit margin is a little less but they are easier to hang than film. Gives the customer the option of usage on demand.

Oh yeah, one more thing. As MDOG can attest North Texas is infested with Spring and Summer thunder storms that often produce straight line winds that easily top 50-70 mph. Can't wait to see the old bugger bust his ass chasing one of his screens down the road.

:beach one came off a few weeks ago when we had the 91 mph wind :rollin I found it about a block away :lol I fixed them now, no way dem doods are gonna come off now :lol

Archived