Pitted glass

Anyone else getting this? It reminds me of welding burns. Hard black bubbles on the glass. They can be razored off, but they leave tiny holes where the tint is

c0db54a2e3a40a72d5d3a9880d55bff5.jpg

Custy wants me to try to make it better. The original tinter told him nothing could be done but I've had a few with A LOT LESS of these pits and scraping them of made it a little better. Any suggestions (getting new glass isn't an option)

Welding splatter or grinding hot spark splatter embedded in the glass=its there and nothing can be done with that glass,,sure razor the chunk off so no big lifted tint bubble but its beat for looking flawless

DA sander marks and sandblaster also ruin the glass

Careless bodywork and such is the cause

I told him I'll do 1 window on me today after he drops it off, and to come in tomorrow around noon to see the difference. Hes paying really well for it so i don't want to get his expectations higher than what I can do, or in general what can be done. Then I do all that work and he's still unhappy.

Welding splatter or grinding hot spark splatter embedded in the glass=its there and nothing can be done with that glass,,sure razor the chunk off so no big lifted tint bubble but its beat for looking flawless

DA sander marks and sandblaster also ruin the glass

Careless bodywork and such is the cause

:yeah :yeah :yeah :yeah :yeah :yeah :yeah :yeah

Whomever did the body work should be the one replacing the glass!!!

:yeah  had to do a late 80's Mustang a while back and when the guy had his cage welded in slag got everywhere. It was a pain to get around the cage on the inside but he was fine the bubbles after we told him we would have to replace the glass ect. Tint was just to cops couldn't see the cage while he was driving :thumb

Archived