Tinting Mistakes Gone Wrong

Guest Against The Wind

Guest Against The Wind

I had mentioned this earlier in the Makes and Models section of the board when recounting the horror of tinting a 95' Acura Integra 2dr coupe. The clown that brought it in used a 2x4 to prop open the hatch. Being lazy that day, I used his :lol rig while double checking how dry the hatch was when all of the sudden, my leg knocked the 2x4 loose and sent the hatch crashing down on my knee. Needless to say, it left a little trademark. Thanks for the blood, shmuck.

Guest Against The Wind

You're absolutely right, TG. I have used the vice grips in the past, but was just giving in to the lasy spirit of the day, which in turn bit me in the azz... Thanks for the advice, though.

I did something similar back in 95 or 96. It was an old body camaro. I had removed the struts to have a full swipe at the back window. I used a 40" tube to hold the glass up, but while squeegeeing, my arm hit the tube and DOWN CAME THE HATCH!!!! HOLY FREAKING CRAP that hurt my arm. I don't know how much that thing weighed, and I don't know how it didn't break my arm, but I had a bruise from wrist to my elbow for about a month.

Archived