Roll up top-edge cuts made simple

pbalentine

I used to hold the olfa for top edge cuts how one would normally trim borders. For last couple years ive been holding it similar to how you would hold a pencil. Im right handed and trim all roll up top edges from the driver side starting from rear edge of the glass towards the front. Doing it this way i feel that its way easier to keep the blade level through out the cut and there is no risk of slipping out.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been doing the driver side that way for ever and the pas side I start at the lower front,,lol

I can cut decent with my right hand but won't chance a door glass

And tried using a knife that can be set for a lefty,,but to late

I used to hold the olfa for top edge cuts how one would normally trim borders. For last couple years ive been holding it similar to how you would hold a pencil. Im right handed and trim all roll up top edges from the driver side starting from rear edge of the glass towards the front. Doing it this way i feel that its way easier to keep the blade level through out the cut and there is no risk of slipping out.

That is about the stupidest thing I have ever hea..... :poke:spit.

I'm just trying to up my post count... :embar

Your're just upset that it took you over 20 years to discover the secret to effortless top edge cuts.

J/K Hahaha!!

Your're just upset that it took you over 20 years to discover the secret to effortless top edge cuts.

J/K Hahaha!!

:cry

:rollin

Thanks for sharing!  I'm working on getting more clean top edges and I'm excited to try this "pencil" technique.  

I've heard people mention a 45 degree angle when cutting top edges.  Is this the angle from the dull side of the blade to the top edge?  So you'd be sort of cutting into the glass as you make the cut?

Also, is it good practice to put a little downward pressure on the blade as you make the cut?

Archived