suntek film

Is it me or is there something different about suntek film meaning the adhesive sometimes I get silvering like I did  on some other film brands I use to never get it with this film before I have not change any way I installed or have use any different mixing. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my slip solutions mix has always been the same since I started using suntek film somebody posted that suntek got bought out by llumar and its using its adhesive wit suntek top coat I don't like it all that's why I switch from using xpel and other  film because of the tacky adhesive that cause the silvering

I asm having all sorts of hazy film issues with my recent 10 rolls of suntek in the past few weeks.  like the outer edges are very hazy, and then this last rolls, its like 20" of one side is hazy.  Sure heating helps for the most part, but thats extra work, I dont like working harder

yes I been getting hazy parts in my film also it range from the 60" to the 36" I use it sucks because now I have to roll the film out and inspect the film before I print a pattern which sucks because its just time consuming because im paid by the car so time is everything but then again if I get these imperfection from the  film  I have to take a step back and fix it so me rolling the film out checking for hazy spots is a must but I shouldn't have to its been a on going problem hopefully they fix it soon or they will lose a good client

You have to remove the cap sheet before plotting, this causes quite a build up of static. You can plot through the cap sheet but then it's a pain weeding.

The cap sheet protects the film during transit, so I've been told.

Steve

Archived