suntek film

I've been using Suntek since it came out. its the same film... LLumar film is actually gone away and they are rebranding Suntek film as LLumar. The adhesive hasn't changed at all. I go through multiple rolls of 36" and 60" every week and never noticed a change. I will add that what I have noticed is the formula for Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo HAS CHANGED. I used to make my tank with three gallons of slip solution and it will stay consistent for a week... and the slipperiness wouldn't changed if the tank wasn't used. Now I make the slip solution up with the same mix and its only good for two days tops. After 48 hours its almost as if the soap is gone from the tank and it acts like straight water. Not sure what they did but I noticed this about 4 months ago.  

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're not double weeding. You weed all of the excess film once, then strip the cap sheet off of the remaining pieces. I can cut and weed a kit with a cap on it faster and easier than anyone doing it without. The cap highlights where the kit is so you don't struggle based on lighting to figure out where the pieces are, you can be rougher while weeding because the cap sheet is stiff so you are less likely to have the kit be torn from the weeding process, and flicking the cap sheet off is pretty easy if taught properly. There are very little cons to the process and I feel that the pros outweigh the cons. 

Even if you feed the film out first and then strip the cap and feed it back, it's still not a lot of time added to the process. Maybe an extra 40 seconds. 

Would you be using the same plotter to cut with the Cap sheet? Wouldn't we need additional investment in a flatbed plotter. I hear we can't use a normal roll feeding plotter and need a flatbed plotter to cut film with the Cap sheet.

I have never had a problem cutting with a cap sheet. I prefer to pull it before I cut, but have never has a problem doing it.

Pulling off the capsheet and cutting PPF without it is not a problem...The issue is cutting it with the capsheet still on the PPF.

Yep use our Graphtecs all the time with cap sheets not sure who told you that but there talking from a point beyond the event horizon

Are you cutting the PPF with the cap sheet still on it? What holder, force and speed settings are you using? Are you cutting it with the blade holder shifted to the front portion of the cutting head for deep cutting or are you keeping it on back like for the normal PPF cutting?

I have never had a problem cutting with a cap sheet. I prefer to pull it before I cut, but have never has a problem doing it.

Pulling off the capsheet and cutting PPF without it is not a problem...The issue is cutting it with the capsheet still on the PPF.

I think you misunderstood my post. I prefer to pull it off, but have cut with it on many times with out a problem.

What he said

Simple enough to peel it off when running the film out prior to cutting to get the length right

I know people do cut through it but it's rather pointless as it's simple to cut it off when you have enough film to cut the component

It's a different way of doing things for sure but not hard

Archived