scrap tint

Guest powertints

Unless it's a visor I toss it. Sometimes I will save pieces that I know I can use again off the same roll, but when that roo is out I toss the pieces. Don't want any inconsistantcy in the side glass, visors no biggie.

how ironic is this . I was just going through my scrps today. im with everyone else with the through it out . unless it is good for an eyebrow. or if its odd film you only used a few times. just incase you have to warranty a window. the only reason I ven have scraps is because the boss is a cheap skate but we never use em

I used to have a huge pile of an assortment of crap tint and one slow day I divided it into little piles seperated by color and %. I tinted like a car and 1/2 with that stuff. But now I throw everything away because it is to much of a hasstle.

Guest Johnny5104

my mother's an artist and could use the scraps to make some cool mural and stuff. You could always design a logo from the stuff that would be sweet.

I throw it out if it doesnt make a visor.

heres a tip for the guys who two piece back glasses. if you save film for visors sometimes they will work for back glass's also. so heres what you do, as your putting up your scrap peice, take a blackout pen or similar pen and write on the liner side of the scrap piece what kinda vehicle it came off of, what percent it is, and the roll number of the film. the reason you want the roll number of the film on there is because not every roll of film will match one another. so if your a two piecer, the top piece might not match the bottom piece if the roll numbers are different.

Guest Sprinter

I throw them away unless it's big enough for a visor and then sometimes you have to clean out the box of visors and throw the crikled ones out, if your doing two cars at the same time then by al means keep stuff around for the 2nd car if they are using the same film and you could get a 1/4 out of it , but other wise I chuck em all. it's in the cost of doing the car I'm working on so don't need to be piling up tint for future use, and if you don't mark it with roll #'s then it's an even bigger waste to you. we know what it cost to do a car and a couple of 1/4 here and there are not worth the effort of the room to store such things.

Guest keepitcool

AS A TINTER YOU KNOW WHICH SCRAPES CAN BE USED ON OTHER VEHICLES SO I KEEP THE ONES I CAN USE.I KEEP ANYTHING BIG ENOUGH FOR GLARE STRIPS TO FROM WASTE OFF THE BACK WINDOW. sorry about the caps lock key. im drunk. :?

Archived