Help me choose the tint...

Hello people.

I am new on this forum,I apologize in advance if I am in wrong place.

I own a 2010 Nissan altima sedan. I wanted to get the windows tinted. I am having hard time to pick the shop I have listed the pricing below

F1

Classic- $220

Comfort- $280

Pinnacle- $375

3m

Fx-pm- $250

Cs- $280-300

Suntek

Hp- $200

Carbon- $269.99 +tax

Johnson

Sp- $200

I don't want something that is way expensive like for a daily driver car. Also I don't want to cheap out of film that will change colors.

Looking for light shade possibly 35% all around.

Thank you... :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome :beer plenty of good film on the market imo. Personaly I use Global QDP.....

Every much and sometimes more important than product brand is installation skills. Before buying do your homework on workmanship :twocents

:bingo

Out of that list and considering the price and your desire not to spend the most, I would pick 3M CS.  Another option to look for would be Llumar CTX which is similar to the Pinnacle, but might be a little less in price.  I wouldn't do Suntek or Johnson personally.

Out of that list and considering the price and your desire not to spend the most, I would pick 3M CS. Another option to look for would be Llumar CTX which is similar to the Pinnacle, but might be a little less in price. I wouldn't do Suntek or Johnson personally.

That too has a confusion...

One Authorized 3M shop wants $300 OTD for Color Stable

Other not authorized wants $280 OTD for Color stable. This shop also carries suntek hp, viper carbon film. Originally Price was $300 for cs for this shop too.

Why would you think about going to an unauthorized dealer?  First you would absolutely no warranty on the film.  Second is they do not have the film...which is what I would expect.  They use the name 3M to get people in and then will slap a cheap film on the vehicle like the Viper or Suntek.  Surprisingly that is not uncommon in this industry...there is a mobile tinter in GA that says he has Llumar for $99 installed.  Needless to say, he is not a dealer and he does not have Llumar.  You have to ask, if they are not an authorized dealer, how do they have the film?  You can't just go buy it plus it is one of the more expensive films on the market.  We are a DEI/Viper dealer and I have dealt with Viper film first hand and it cheap, crappy reboxed film.  Suntek is a decent film, but nothing special and has a huge scratching issue.

Couple more options...

Madico sunguard

Black Pearl $225

Viper

Carbon $250

Global (no a ship local installer)

QDP- $160

ASWF

Retro Charcoal- $180 +tax

ASWF...crap.  Viper...crap.  Black Pearl...I have no experience so maybe someone else can jump in on that one.  Global...good.  QDP is their base dyed film...I would also look at QDP Ceramic which would be in the price range of the other options.

The Black Pearl is a nice film I really like it using that instead of Charcool. In the near future taking the Charcool off my personal car and sticking some Black Peal on there.

if you find some scorpion.. Run!

just my 2 cents I'd go with Global, F1 or Black Pearl

Archived