Tinting F150s at the dealership

Starting at 1 today my coworker and I were out at the ford dealer ship tinting Pickups. We did 11 of them in three and a half hours. All precut by the plotter and just the rear half?s. 5 extra cabs (rear 3), 4 sliders, 3 super duty?s f250 (rear 3) and the rest were just the rear solid window. We have 7 more to finish tomorrow. The old body style 04 F150s barley have blackout. you have to cut the pattern just barely over the edge of the black out. The new body style 04 F150s are GREAT!! All kinds of blackout. This was the first time working out at a dealer ship for us. I'm not a big fan. It was a bit windy and hard to keep the quality up (like it would be in our shop). This dealership is about 20-30 mins away from us. So do take these trucks back and forth would be to much. Next week we start 28 Ford Mustangs. We are going to get a worker form the stereo shop next door (same owner) and the owner to run the mustangs back and forth all day. I don't see tinting those at the dealership working out to well. should be a blast! The same car over and over and ............................................................. :thumb

Guest Sprinter

sounds like they could give you use of some shop space to tint in, you all 3 or 4 of you need to go there and pick up one car each then as soon as you finish the first one that gofer will get you another one so your not waiting on a car to get there, I did this when I had to wax 10 taurus's took about 4 1/2 hours when I was done he was there with another car took him about 22/25 minutes to get one to me.

Guest SQUEEGEE

When I tinted for the local Hummer dealership they insisted that the East and West Bays remain open at all times. It was like tinting in a wind tunnell every time out.

I ruined more pieces of film just trying to walk it over to the glass 3-4ft away.

Really sucked. They have an in house tinter now. Guess he'll just have to deal with it now. :thumb

When I tinted for the local Hummer dealership they insisted that the East and West Bays remain open at all times.  It was like tinting in a wind tunnell every time out.

I ruined more pieces of film just trying to walk it over to the glass 3-4ft away.

Really sucked.  They have an in house tinter now.  Guess he'll just have to deal with it now.  :rollin

It sucks outside. I just set up my glass and reverse roll everything. Keep the doors of the truck closed when I'm in it and I reverse roll it before I get in. That keeps the dirt from flying around from the wind. It's hot as hell in those trucks!! I was sweating like no other. :beach

Archived