Calling Metint!

Guest tintslut
I wouldn't be able to help you on a 14 mil window film... LLuLLu does not make it. :jerkit

I was gonna mention this, but I wanted him to hear it from the horses mouth.

Ok, smart guys

Of course they don't make it. I want to use it. 14 is specified. That means someone has been sleeping with the engineer. Now I want to spec 15. Why you ask? Because the job is probably 100k sf of film and I can't see it going transluscent in 15 years because of inferior scratch coat technology. Now how to get the details for the discussion of the differences in scratch coats and those other aspects of LluLlu that I personally have seen outlast other films? CALL METINT! I didn't post because I don't want to fight off competition, especially small stores that haven't done this before and get in to find out they can't perform the job.

Thanks for the opportunity to vent.

Guest tintslut

dig a little deeper in the plans and specs, they may be looking for a minimum

performance criteria, and will accept an equal or better product, its up to the GC.

with film this thick, make sure you sell them some sort of frame attachment .

TD,

Two old guys were friends in New York. They bought and sold seafood to each other all their lives. They still had their men at the truck while the trade was going on. Simple, and kept them friends. The real competition on these jobs are the factory boys. And they are tough, smart and have better resources and lower cost product than what I can get.

sl*t,

Thanks for the advice. My worry is their inexperience. They are specifying some details that won't do what they think. I usually give these types of jobs a little help on the topside so the bottomside installers don't have to struggle. I just need metint to give me the correct words, I already know what I am going to say.

Guest metint
Now I want to spec 15. Why you ask? Because the job is probably 100k sf of film and I can't see it going transluscent in 15 years because of inferior scratch coat technology. Now how to get the details for the discussion of the differences in scratch coats and those other aspects of LluLlu that I personally have seen outlast other films? CALL METINT! 

Amazing how quickly a 100k sq ft would get someone's attention who konws film. :hmmm

Check your email TCUT... don't hesitate to follow through on its contents. :hmmm

And if there is more needed, just let me know and I'll direct you to the person best suited. :lol

Archived