PPF Training

Hello, i have been thinking about getting into PPF., for the past six years, the only two things that kept me from getting into it was, Space, my shop is literally 700 square feet, and also the lack of demand, as i live in a city/town of 70k people. I will be moving into a bigger shop in August, early September, the new shop is 2100 sq ft., and i have noticed more and more people are starting to ask if we do PPF., Which leads me to believe that "NOW" there is a market for it, and if people are asking for it without any advertising, then its time to start offering it.I know this for fact, i do not want to carry mmm, my friend had his Nissan SUV done in Sacramento by a reputable shop, and in less then two years it had turned yellowish. 

I would appreciate any info., on who offers training, hands on, and which brand-model will last at least 5 years without going yellow, Thanks in advance!

Eis

If u just want to learn the basic...the xpel class is the way to go....but do not sell it to a customer...it will haunt you....

If i was in your shoe....i wouldnt go to any class...i would find a good ppf installer in your city and ask to be his helper for 1-3 months for free...you will learn much more and quicker.....then go buy you 1 or 2 rolls of film and practice on different bumper...

THEN MAKE MONEY AND ASK THAT INSTALLER FOR ADVICE WHEN U GET STUCK....

If u just want to learn the basic...the xpel class is the way to go....but do not sell it to a customer...it will haunt you....

If i was in your shoe....i wouldnt go to any class...i would find a good ppf installer in your city and ask to be his helper for 1-3 months for free...you will learn much more and quicker.....then go buy you 1 or 2 rolls of film and practice on different bumper...

THEN MAKE MONEY AND ASK THAT INSTALLER FOR ADVICE WHEN U GET STUCK....

If he lives in a small town, it will be hard to find someone, probably his competition, to train him. I know I would find it very hard to train someone who will take money from my pocket. I'm a very helpful person, but I live in a very populated area and do not worry much about losing jobs. Especially with the shops I already have relationships with.

FBO, let's get together next week and talk. I'm looking to step up my ppf game also. :twocents

Cheers

Stan the MAN :) Will give you a call morrow. Hope all is well my friend!

Archived