Sun-Gard Shadow tint?

Guest dc

Lifetime warranty and you base your decision on that one Deception?????

I wouldn't bloody touch it......you must get real honest "eternity" warranty pal. Much better in bullshit than the old outdated one.

You won't regret the decision deception. :lol

Devil

Hi Devil! How are You? Is there any snow in australia :lol ? I just updated my angels collection :lol

As I see lifetime warranty popular joke in our biZ. It is very expensive to gave it on shade film :lol :lol :lol:nope

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Me_shelli

:hmmm Here is my oppion. I use SunGard film. I have not used the shaddow yet. If you like the darker look of film you might try seeing if the shop that had the shaddow has the Performx Slate series. These are metalized, and they look sharp. They do look slightly grayer than the midnight series, but they will last longer and hold up better than anything dyed. If they still have the Endurance and you like the look of it better than I would go with that one. It has more of a shiny look to it, because it contains more metal. It does tend to cure a little slower, but if you are patient it will cure out and look really expensive looking.

So it is more what you like, but personally I don't care for the dyed films, just don't trust them. If you do decided that you like the Shaddow best, see if you can't get a NO FAULT warranty. This is nice to have in case the tint gets scratch which is a little more likely to happen with a dyed film, sence they are less scratch resistent.

Best wish. :hmmm

Guest Sprinter

since the manufacturer is going to stick their neck out there and warranty a dyed film for life then we should embrace this new technology that all film companys are comming out with, the reason for a dyed film is for being able to put on the rear window of a car with an antenna in it. also some people don't like the shine on the hybrid films they want black so now they have black film with a lifetime warranty.

this technology will be used in the rest of the lines so that all films one day will come with color stable qualities.

it's also cheaper than the hybrids so you can offer a lower priced lifetime warranty with less heat rejection if thats what the customer chooses or has the money for!

I'm pretty much torn between going for the Sun-Gard Shadow or the Huper Optik now.

The Huper Optik costs more than twice that of the Shadow, and I know the Huper Optik is the best in the industry, but I'm not sure if I want to spend so much on tint.

If the Shadow is dyed, I'm worried that it will discolor or fade in no time, but the tiner assures me that if that actually happens (he says it won't), Sun-Gard will fully warrant the film and have it replaced for me.

As for the Huper, it costs a lot, but I know that it won't fade ever, and I know that it will perform better than the Sun-Gard. But it all boils down to price; I'm not sure if I want to drop more than half a grand (Canadian dollars) on tint alone. The difference in cost between the Sungard and the Huper can be used for better things...

I also love the look of the Shadow. It's semi-reflective.

I just phoned Sun-Gard, and the rep confirmed that Shadow is simply a dyed film with a better color-stable material that resists fading/purpling. He also said that the Shadow has a "brown" look to it, rather than a semi-reflective appearance like the Endurance. Shadow is indeed a rebranded Midnight Charcoal with a lifetime warranty.

Well, since the film is dyed (which means it lacks in longevity, amongst other things) and it doesn't have the appearance I was looking for, I'm not going to cheap out and go for the Shadow.

I've decided to take the plunge and have my car tinted with Huper Optik Ceramic 40%. Sure, it costs three times as much but it will last forever, look good, and outperform the Shadow by a wide margin.

Gotta keep telling myself... "it's either the best, or nothing. Do it right the first time." :DD

I've decided to take the plunge and have my car tinted with Huper Optik Ceramic 40%.  Sure, it costs three times as much but it will last forever, look good, and outperform the Shadow by a wide margin.

Alas another Joe Public woodduck caught up in the marketing hipe!

Has no one got any brains out there and have the capacity to make a reality check?

I'm going to reincarnate myself as a roll of tint so that when I finally kick up my heals, I'll come back lasting forever. :DD

Devil

Guest huperoptikusa

deception,

I think you will be satisfied with your decision with huper. there are many manufacturers that make good films like some of the ones mentioned on this forum. what it comes down to is what kind of performance you are looking for. Mercedes makes the 500sl and the 600sl. the 500 is a v8 and has about 300 horsepower and the 600 is a v12 with close to 500hp. they look similar though the 600 has some extra features. the 600 also costs $30,000 more than the 500.

The question is, what kind of perfromance and aesthetics do you want?

There is a waiting list for the 600. people do pay for upper end products.

best of luck to you and hope u r happy with your decision.

:DD

Alas another Joe Public woodduck caught up in the marketing hipe!

Has no one got any brains out there and have the capacity to make a reality check?

I'm going to reincarnate myself as a roll of tint so that when I finally kick up my heals, I'll come back lasting forever. :lol6

Devil

I'm actually quite a bit more informed about tint and the variances between tint brands and models than the "average Joe consumer", so don't assume that I'm caught up in marketing hype.

I've referred a few friends to the local Huper Optik shop and ALL of them are highly satisfied with their tint jobs. They noticed that the Huper outperformed the tint on their previous vehicles by a long shot, and the 40% ceramic they got did better than the 20% tint they had on their older cars.

As for the term "last forever", it was a figurative statement, not literal. Nothing lasts forever, but the Huper will have much greater longevity than the DYED Sun-Gard film. I plan to keep my car for a while, and I plan to have the tint do its job the whole time I have it.

Screw it, I'm going for the S600 of tint. Forget the S430 (Sun-Gard dyed film)...

:lol6

Archived