customer returning?? damage???

Guest fimmo

Guest denvertinter

it can most likely be repaired either way. a replacement panel would get pricey though.

my *old* tinter mangled a customer's rubber gaskets, on a brand new mercedes no less. he then proceeded to act clueless - as if the dealer gave them the car that way. :hmmm

it cost me any $ from the job, and a bit more, but we replaced it. if you see a problem, tell em, and your rep will thank you later.

Guest fimmo

thing is,I noticed the mark when I was tinting the car but carried on tinting,now he says I must have done it as he never noticed it before?? basically it's my word against his!

if I offer to get it fixed then I'd be admitting liability for it and I'm not cause I never marked it!

from now on I'll inspect cars with the owner there so if there is any damage then they'll know about it before I start!

he's bringing the mini in over the next few days to let me see!

if u r honest filmo and cant remember it being there then get a price from one of these interior repair firms and tell the customer that you are willing to go halves on the repair but dont you get it repaired becuase the customer will never be 100% happy with the job or you can tell the customer that you never did it becuase you dont pull panels :lol

its a pain when these things happen but they do happen its now upto you and how far you are prepared to take it for your reputation. Personally I would probably take the half money route or some money back off his tint.

noting all the damage on cars is impossible because you will always pick up on something when you are doing the job and its those marks that the customer will be guaranteed to pick up on!! :thumb

Guest expertint

I would offer him $50 to forget about it or call a leather repairman to fix it.We just did a Lexus without taking the brake lite apart..it shorted a fuse and took the dealer 4hrs to find it..cost me 190.00..but the dealer proved we did it so we payed to have it fixed.I've probably paid out over $10,000 in repairs over 18yrs.

Guest fimmo

hey cool,I've noticed in almost all your posts you call me filmo?? it's actually fimmo. :thumb

thing is I'm sure I never did this so if I say I'll pay half then that means I'm admitting that it could have been me and I'm sure it wasn't!!! also the car actually belongs to his wife and he has a mitsubishi lancer evo which I've quoted very low as a favour!! so I'm not going to do anymore deals.

one last thing,he knows I pull panels cause when he got my original quote he asked if there was anyway of getting it done cheaper so I said pull your own panels off that'll give me less to do,he phones me the night before it was booked in for and says he doesnt have the time to pull the panels and he'll leave it to me????

I'm wondering if he tried to remove them and marked the door himself??? then decided to let me do the panels then blame me???

he's coming to see me on sunday to let me see it,so I guess he's not in any hurry!

Guest fimmo

no he doesnt have after market speakers,the car is so new and to be honest the speaker/audio set up in the new mini is fantastic,

anyway,update- when he phoned he said he'd be round to see me on sunday(yesterday!) but he never showed??????

like I've been told a few times he probaly done the damage himself and wanted to see if I'd take the rap???

ah well,I'll be more carefull giving check overs on cars before I tint them from now on!!!

cheers for all your help etc.!!! :lol

:lol

sorry fimmo guess tokin da 'erb too much and giving me double vision!! :hmmm

looks like he was trying it on all the time I hate those customers......and I wouldnt touch his evo

Archived