2014 F150 windshield

bman848

So i was contacted about tinting a F150 windshield. Okay, no big deal. Ive done plenty of them.

The custy tells me the windshield was just replaced and that my competition tried a couple times and couldnt do it. I thought this was odd because every other F150 windshield ive done was pretty easy.

Anyway, i gave it the old college try a couple times with some ATR and it just wasnt happening. The film was at its limit in all 4 corners, top and bottom. Ended up creasing.

Could this be the aftermarket windshield or did Ford make a small run of different windshields during that time or what?? I do 200-300 windshields a year and something was definately up with that one.

That is odd. I've generally know. F150s to be pretty easy. :dunno

I do a bunch of them also. I will try to pay attention and see if I notice any differences. Strange :crazy

I know ive done several 13's and 14's. I just dont get it. I do feel a little better knowing i wasnt the only one who tried and failed. The other guy is no slouch either. It is juat weird. First time i had my butt kicked in a long while.

I just checked with them and the truck is headed to Jacksonville now.

You are more than welcome to come on by though. I have a couple other cars to do today. It woukd be cool to meet you.

Archived