Is signal interference still an issue?

Do you guys still find that hp films will interfere with anything? The last problem I had with this personally, were in Hondas in 2004. Over the last two years I've put Suntek hp and Johnsons marathon (also hp) on just about everything. Some through my own shop and some through sub contract work in other very reputable shops. I've checked gps,Bluetooth, satellite radio, my own phones reception and everything is fine. These are all makes and models. Lots of Infiniti,bmw,mercedes,Porsche,Honda, jeep, I mean everything, new and not so new. No interference. Are we still just pushing lower performing dyed films, calling them things like "color stable" and "carbon". Just so we can up sale to ceramic? I'm really curious? When was the last time you experienced any interference?

I think that's been it all the long. I used hp for years with no issues. That's doing entire vehicles plus windshield. Now I know I've heard of it interfering with am stations. Never had a complaint from any customers.

The only issue I had was many years ago in a Lexus that the GPS "antenna" was in under the rear deck. Switched from the HP to a NR film and problem solved. I think the whole signal interference thing is and was blown way out of proportion.Only issue I can see is if the it has antennas in the glass, then only am reception suffers. The whole phone signal thing is a non issue IMHO. I use HP on 80% of my installs with no issue. My up-sell goes,

NR film, up to HP, then up to ceramic.

The only issue I had was many years ago in a Lexus that the GPS "antenna" was in under the rear deck. Switched from the HP to a NR film and problem solved. I think the whole signal interference thing is and was blown way out of proportion.Only issue I can see is if the it has antennas in the glass, then only am reception suffers. The whole phone signal thing is a non issue IMHO. I use HP on 80% of my installs with no issue. My up-sell goes,

NR film, up to HP, then up to ceramic.

The amount of metal in most of the HP films is much less than the past and most likely will not interfere.  I was worried about it when I picked up Llumar and carrying ATR.  After speaking to several shops, the only possibility was interference with AM radio stations that they experienced.  We have been using it for 5 months now and we do atleast 2-3 vehicles per week in ATR.  We have had zero issues with it, not one complaint.  Another film I was looking at bringing on for the appearance is 3M Black Chrome which is also a HP film.  The rep told me with that one, there will most likely be interference because of the amount of metal in it.

The a.m. radio thing I've heard of also

When people are interested in ATR, we always ask if they listen to AM which the answer is always no.  GPS should never be an issue since factory antenna is mounted on the outside and so should aftermarket models.  We have done atleast 60 vehicles in ATR and so far so good.