Pep Boys tint??

Guest rides20

Guest rides20

Okay, I'm going to appologize in advance for asking a dumb question...but hey, it's my first post so can I have a "freeby"...

Is the stuff that pep boys sells crap?..It doesn't look like it's the fruity looking purple stuff, but I've never tinted before..and also, I bought the following kit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...0&ed=1081030121

can someone please tell me what the @$^# all of these squeegies do (specially the black one)...they all seem so friggin' hard...THANKS !!!! :lol6 ....haha BubRUb is my hero!

Guest tinterjim

Yes the pep boys tint is :lol6 Take your car to a professional and have it done right. After you try it yourself and f**k it up you'll have to pay extra to have it removed then done right. So save some time and money and go to a pro.

Guest rides20

My car is already done (paid a pro)....I sat around their shop for like 5 hours and watched them work...so I kinda know the basics, and I have a few friends with clear windows that are willing to let me practice till I get it right....I was just trying to avoid buying some gigantic roll of film (and destroying it)....but hey, I guess you do get what you pay for!!! :lol6

You need to read the site. The stuff you buy at auto parts stores isn't very good. You couldn't charge to put it on, but it's ok for practice I guess. Find an old car, scratch some glass, waste a ton of film, then you'll be able to be more specific in your questions.

Guest tinterjim

If you want to learn it's best to try and find a pro who would be willing to teach you. There is alot more to this than just slapping the tint on.

Guest thetintshop

you have to remember, you're watching someone who knows what they're doing, so it's going to look easy. you may think you have the "basics" down, but you'll realize you don't when you start tinting.

Guest metint
You need to read the site.  The stuff you buy at auto parts stores isn't very good. You couldn't charge to put it on, but it's ok for practice I guess. Find an old car, scratch some glass, waste a ton of film, then you'll be able to be more specific in your questions.

:lol:thumb :boogabutt

Archived