Struggling with Golf MK5 rear window

SK Customs

Been struggling 3months+

Would appreciate if people will share their technique with this window I.e. Dryer sheet/baby powder method, how to trim it to size, heat gun on low heat/high heat etc etc. I need a step to step guide or someone to come down to my garage and teach me

I've had enough of this car, but I won't I've up until it's complete.

Please help

Been struggling 3months+

Would appreciate if people will share their technique with this window I.e. Dryer sheet/baby powder method, how to trim it to size, heat gun on low heat/high heat etc etc. I need a step to step guide or someone to come down to my garage and teach me

I've had enough of this car, but I won't I've up until it's complete.

Please help

Are you READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

(A) Cut your pattern about 1/4" to 1/2" bigger or plot it. If you plot it....make sure you trim the side before installing it.

(B) To shape the top, flip it upside down....do your H....and tape the side with this tape (http://www.houzz.com/photos/40686656/3M-Exterior-Painters-Masking-Tape-contemporary-painting-tools)....blow high heat underneath the film until it closed. Look at my instagram video on how to do this.  This will be easy since it is a small glass.  Do not put direct heat on the film.

© Then flip it back to shape the bottom....You don't have to align it exactly...Repeat step B.

(D) Wet test the pattern and do the traditional heat method on any finger. If you have finger on the side....Just put a little bit of heat underneath the film and card it.

(E) Cut your pattern.  Cut the side dead on and the top and bottom can be long.

(F) Remove the interior top trim only to install it....it will just pop out with a little muscle. Do not remove the bottom trim where the break light because it will break.

Instagram @midtownmotortrends

Archived