Switching Films

Guest shadytinting

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
to each his own,,and I am not attacking you personally......I really couldnt care about what you like and dislike,we all have our opinions.....bottom line is we all do something that we like to do and make a living at it,although it is becoming harder and harder to do that.....the problem with this business is that for many years it was a "sleeper" business...great income for the amount of effort put into it,( I know we all work hard ,but ,its not digging ditches,lol)only in the last few years has this profession been taken over by every tom, dick and harry that want to make a quick buck and this has caused a market saturation,I blame alot of this  directly on the manufacturers and distributors who will sell to anyone and I mean anyone,,they  dont give a damn where the film ends up once they have been payed for it....

For about the last 10 years or so, it's been the same thing happening downunder.

An over saturated market with less glass being available to be tinted. Particularly in auto!

Currently we have 5 different film outlets pounding the radio stations on AM and FM all day and how would you remember which one took your fancy if you were buying? Can't see the value in it with winter not too far away although we have had unseasonal good weather.

*One guy is offering pick up and delivery and/or a loan car free with 90 days to pay and full metal film with the usual life bs and at a discounted price. :thumb :thumb

As for switching brands, I could only see that happening if you were disgruntled with the product or service. To change for the sake of change is expeditious in my book.

Devil

Guest treetop23
I've used Llumar & Madico and to me, Johnson's is just as good, IMO.  The quality is very comparable, especially their Silhouette line (Llumar's ATR/Madico NS). The only real diffrence is the price. I am still using Johnson price list from 2000 - they haven't changed! Also, they are right here where I work & live...so I just go pick up save on frieght charges.

I always talk to Spencer or Ismael and they seem to be always ready to help and willing to do what it takes to help me out. :thumb

:thumb

Guest metro jim

We've used llumar in the past for cars and the installers loved it, though I used an N1050 (like 3m re50nearl, sterilng50, ect..) and it was a disaster of dirt bringing fingers! (on custom, but flat glass!) As far as customer support and service they have always been a plus, and in my experiecne sagar were great people to deal with and can still call them today and they help me it a tech spec issue comes up even though I haven't sold there products in over 3 years. As far as switching films? If your not having problems with what you have why switch? I have found that no one manufactor can fullfill all the needs and aplications of all situations to BEST meet the needs of the customer. :thumb

Archived