Suntek or solargard?

Suntek is probably a more known name and finally has a Ceramic film on their lineup, but the film scratches extremely easy and has horrible low angle haze.  We used it before and the scratching was crazy so we dropped it quickly.  I have another shop that we are friends with that loves Solargard which also finally has a Ceramic film on their lineup.  As far as failures (fading, purpling, etc), I see more posts about Suntek.  IMO, I would choose Solargard.

Just looking to see people's opinions on what they prefer between the two. Llumar isn't a option for now so I have to choose between these two.

Hey there..

I think you would receive better dealer support through SolarGard. They have been around a long time.

Good luck Sir.

Just looking to see people's opinions on what they prefer between the two. Llumar isn't a option for now so I have to choose between these two.

Hey there..

I think you would receive better dealer support through SolarGard. They have been around a long time.

Good luck Sir.

I would agree, as one of our Eastman reps said, Suntek is there for people that don't care about support.

in terms of product quality, go for Solargard

Let me use this comparison

Solargard HP vs Suntek HP

For the driver, Solargard HP has better heat reduction

For the tinter, if you try to heat shrink Suntek HP aggressively, you will find more issue with adhesive than Solargard HP.

solargard process for cleaning their film before they put glue on creates distortion in their films. Last year Tom Bird tried to get me to come back to sg. He assured me they had solved the issue. He sent me samples. I opened a box of their premier windshield film. Same as before distortion. Sad really as I was a dealer for almost 20 years.

solargard process for cleaning their film before they put glue on creates distortion in their films. Last year Tom Bird tried to get me to come back to sg. He assured me they had solved the issue. He sent me samples. I opened a box of their premier windshield film. Same as before distortion. Sad really as I was a dealer for almost 20 years.

^^Can't agree. I used SolarGard for over 10 years and have always found SG to be a high quality product. The optical clarity was fine and I only processed a handful of warranty claims in that time. I mainly used HP Supreme and Quantum in the auto line up and just about every film in their FG catalogue.

I also used pretty much the entire  SunTek range for around 6 years and the amount of warranty claims on Carbon and CXP I experienced have been crippling.

If it's a choice between the 2, go solarGard all the way. SunTek is an inferior product by far.