Suntek or solargard?

I was one of the southeast dealers named in the lawsuit against solar gard for knowingly selling defective films. The conference room filled with dealers at the attorneys meetings would disagree with you. It took me 7 years to clean up the mess. All brands have their issues. But when a corporate policy is to denie the problem for years. It's not company I chose to do business with. In the end if you and your customers are happy with it great. But in my area were solar gard used to dominate the market. Non of the big guys use it anymore.

I was one of the southeast dealers named in the lawsuit against solar gard for knowingly selling defective films. The conference room filled with dealers at the attorneys meetings would disagree with you. It took me 7 years to clean up the mess. All brands have their issues. But when a corporate policy is to denie the problem for years. It's not company I chose to do business with. In the end if you and your customers are happy with it great. But in my area were solar gard used to dominate the market. Non of the big guys use it anymore.

Fair call. You have experienced something with SG that I haven't . Many swear by SunTek , yet I have experienced far more premature auto film failures with this brand than any other I have ever used.

We've been installing Solargards HP Supreme line since it came out somewhere back around 2006. We have cars that come back in that we did 8 years ago where a customer scratched a window and the old film still matches the new film. And that's here in South Florida. Best long lasting film we have carried. We get alot of HP Charcoal warranties coming in from other dealers so stay away from that.

On 9/9/2016 at 8:25 PM, Old timer said:

Where can I find more information on this lawsuit I am having the same problem with solar guard at this time.

The fact that the HP Charcoal is known to be a poor performer and have failures would be enough for me...sort of like ASWF. If you know at least one of their lines IS going to fail that to me means none of it is worth the box it comes in. The way I understand it from some of the other old timers is SG had a good thing and then cheapened out on a key component which made it a bit grainy. Factor in the lawsuits and court mess and I would go with Solar FX or Global. You consistently hear good things and these two lines appear to be rock solid. If @smartie2shoes comes out and says he would use Global today, and you have any idea of his background, you should jump in and ask questions later. Global=Solar FX=Express by the way. 

Edited by Sunbreakers

I’ve used Solar Gard for 16 years. HP charcoal had major delamination problems. Some customers would swear that they didn’t roll down the windows, ever, and would still have major delamination after a few years. HP Supreme, NR Supreme, and Ultra Performance will not fade or turn purple. You’ll be amazed at how they’ll keep their color. But the ahesive is crap. And it’s getting worse. I stopped using Solar Gard in December. I was starting to see 2-year old Ultra Perfromancd jobs bubble up on back windows. 

Sun Tek is, uh, ok. It’s cheap. I used CXP and CIR. CXP does not block the heat that they advertise. No way. And CIR is way too green. Both Sun Tek and Solar Gard scratches like crazy. Especially SG Galaxy.