Layering two different brands of tint

The best thing to do is call the shop and explain your concerns to them. Then between the two of you try and reach the best outcome. Your vehicle though is exactly why no one wants to install that film.

I have only seen one other reference of this film in a youtube video. It was on a G-Wagon I think and it looked like black chrome. I thought that's what I was getting into. Almost like a very shiny black/chrome appearance. Did not expect reflective silver =(. Might be a very expensive lesson I had to learn. I am not out to waste anyone's time and actually feel a little hesitant to even ask for my money back.. I am not the kind of person to be aggressive and demand things. The installer had to order the roll especially for me since it is not a line he normally carries. But at the same time, I blew a lot of money for something that will literally be thrown away after one month of use. I am hoping that we can come to an arrangement.

What JH said...a hatch with Huper Ceramic 5, 15, or 20 is much harder to install since it is a thicker film.  It requires more heat which causes the ghosting effect.  We got to the point of being able to install it on a lot of difficult vehicles, but took a lot of practice and experimenting with several methods.  The Huper film was only more expensive because it was a bigger section of the vehicle (versus what you did in the front) and I am sure the shop tacked on some for the difficulty.  Photosync would end up being more expensive than the Huper Ceramic...more in the range of Huper Drei.  In GA, Huper Ceramic goes for $400-$500 depending on the vehicle while Photosync goes for $700+.  A good sign that they did not know how to shrink it was the fact the film had to be special ordered meaning they probably never tried to install it.  I saw work from two other Huper dealers (one in GA and one in AL) and neither did a great job installing the Huper Ceramic.  The sad part was the one in AL is a "Master Training Facility" for Huper Optik.

Edited by DynamicAppearance

The shop I normally go to that has both Formula One and Pinnacle is charging me about $50 more than the Huper install to re-do all my rears with Photosync and a second layer of Formula One Classic. He is also not charging me to remove the film. He is a great guy and I have brought a few cars to him so he is really trying to help me out and give me a deal.

I would jump on that if you've had work done from the guy before and were satisfied. As far as the other I would try and talk to them over the phone and see what's the best option. Also you could email them pics to show your concern.

Just an update. The installer of the Huper Optik does not want to give me a refund and is telling me to come back in and redo it or he will mail me a piece of the film so I can have someone else try it. He says that he has 35 years experience in the tinting business and can do it right. He does not want to give me a refund because he had to order the roll which was a little more than $1,000 and he spent 4 hours on my car. So now I'm out $450 and this Saturday, the fruits of this amount will literally be in the garbage.

The problem is you can have all the experience in the world in tinting, but still not shrink the harder films.  Since he had to order the film, he probably has never tried that shade.  Huper Ceramic 5-20 is a completely different film compared to the 30+ when talking about installation...tons of Huper dealers don't stock it.  I would see if you can make a deal with him.  Let him redo it since he "can do it right" and if he is unable to do it properly then he needs to refund the money.

My question is....  Does layering film cause the layer closest to the sun (first layer installed) to go bad quicker than it should??  

Was told by a rep once that it will change the life expectancy of the film.  

Also you now have adhesive on film instead of adhesive on glass,,, couldn't this also be a problem??