hi everyone! extreme newb at tinting, please help

Guest Autoworks

Guest Autoworks

hello everyone, :thumb I just thought I would introduce myself as I enjoy taking part in many forums.

I've been cruising this site for about an hour now and I can't find any "beginner's guide to tinting" threads.

I run an auto detailing shop but it can get quite empty over the winter (because I'm located in snowy canada... eh?) and I would like to add a tinting service to my business to bring some significantly extra income to help me pay for rent during these dead months.

I am extremely clueless as to anything to do with tinting.

I have a few questions which may make me look like a laughing stock but I hope you guys don't mind me asking....

1. what film is best? and where can I get it?

2. I would ask what squeegee is best but I've decided that I'll try the blue max with the ungo.

3. and most importantly, how do you guys know how to cut the blueprint (excuse my lack of terminology) out? or do you buy blueprints of specific cars?

please help, and thanks in advance!! :lol

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. what film is best? and where can I get it?

ok #1 don't ask this question. #2 browse the main site, that has a wealth of knowledge that basically taught me how to tint. #3 If you are looking to significantly increase profits I don't know if tinting, for you since you haven't done it before, would give you much of a benefit. Try hiring a tinter. That would work out for the best. BTW you aren't going to pick up very much at all during the winter. thats our slow season too :thumb

Guest Autoworks

well damn, thanks for the words of discouragement.

yes I am new but I'm gonna learn how to tint because everyone starts somewhere.

and even if it is also the slow season for tinting shops, I think every little bit helps.

ok I've surfed the internet for other resources of information and they briefly describe how to get the window templates.

does anyone have any tips on how to cut out a good template?

thanks

we dont disguss WHAT IT THE BEST film on the site much becaue the owner gets his ass reamed by the manufacturers over it. what film one person likes another hates, there are really no cut and dry answers for WHAT IS THE BEST films.

any film from the major manufacturere will be fine, personally I would go with something different than the other hsops in your area.

Guest S and S
yes I am new but I'm gonna learn how to tint because everyone starts somewhere.

Yes they do...but you know where alot of us started? AT OTHEr TINT SHOPS BEING GOPHERS!!!

Guest Autoworks

thanks alot tintdude and mdog.

unlike some other people in this thread, seems like they've got a part time job as newbie bashers when they're not tinting.

Archived