tip

Well guys how the heck are ya today? I here a lot of guys are still tucking rubbers. Old school. The gasket wizzard idea is the way to go, but so sence spending $100 bucks on the fancy ones. For the last 3 years I've been buying duotangs from Walmart for $1 and gutting 3 inch strips. Simply fold them in half and there you have it Gasket Wizzard. Use them over and over again. The odd time you still have to shink on the inside of a door cause you didn't shrink enough on the outside ya melt them. Oh well, just toss it and make some more. I use bondo squeegees to lay my film down . When you get a tight rubber on the inside cut a few 3/4 inch pieces of the bondo squeegee and slide them between duotang gasket wizzard and glass and it will give you a little more room for shrink. Since I am new to this sight some of the @#$% I tell you guys you might already know but oh well I have lots of good ideas and from reading some of the forum questions I see there are guys out there that can use all the help they can get. Another use for the duotang gasket wizzard would be the Trans Am dorr glass I did yesterday. It is a framless door, but there is a rubber at the front one might have trouble tucking th tint behind. I simply cut a piece of duotang and slide it in from the top. Give it a little pull when you lay your tint on and slide it behind. Chat at ya later

No tucking needed when you have 'The Edge'...

metint, you gotta trust me on this one. With this form of gasket wizard the furry rubbers are never exposed to water therefore when you pull the plastic pieces out you seldom get those little fingers popping up. The edge also is not long enough to cover the full length of the window. I will get the digital camera going on Monday. Sometimes a pic makes it easier to understand. Later bud

Guest metint

metint, you gotta trust me on this one. With this form of gasket wizard the furry rubbers are never exposed to water therefore when you pull the plastic pieces out you seldom get those little fingers popping up. The edge also is not long enough to cover the full length of the window. I will get the digital camera going on Monday. Sometimes a pic makes it easier to understand. Later bud

I have used carpet shields for the very same purpose... they are 3 inch by 36 inch thin plastic and can be found in the paint dept of most home improvement stores. Cut 'em any length you want, etc. :rollin

I get what you mean... I have used a tool like the Edge the entire time I have been in this industry. Wet or not, I have no hassles with wet felt at the bottom (meaning it can be wet and I still get the job done). It's all about getting the bottom cut just right so the film edge doesn't soak up any water. Now that heat forming has given me and others the means of eliminating pesky pop up fingers, less of a hassle.

To each their own... :rollin

Guest metint

yeah metint...what is with the new fance tool??... :rollin

Ask MDOG what he thinks of the tool... I sent him a couple for reviewing and have not had feedback, yet.

Maybe he didn't get them, I don't know? :rollin

WWW.44tools.com :rollin

Guest metint
does performance have them metint? I couldn't find them on their website, but I know that doesn't necessarily mean they don't have them.

I know that had 300 units flown direct from China to the IWFE... whether they still have any left or havr been restocked, I have not checked with them.

They are being sold, though... less than ten bucks, I think. :hmmm

Archived