Stek film

I got to check out the Stek film going on my car today and was beyond impressed.  The film is the most even clarity matte film I've seen.  It also had a much nicer feel than the other films I've touched.  It should be wrapped up by the end of next week and I'll have plenty of photos to share at that point. 

On ‎2017‎년 ‎2‎월 ‎28‎일 at 10:52 AM, PeteDin206 said:

You joined this forum just to post this?  I have seen a number of cars with STEK on them and the film seems very solid.  We aren't talking Honda that they are installing it on either.  Let me guess you work for a Suntek or Xpel shop or one of those companies directly.

You need to read my article again. I didn`t mention their quality. I am questioning about the company STEK.

I think you are one of them.

Ok. let me tell you my history. 3 years ago, I bought 300 rolls of PPF from a korean comapny. I didn`t know they were a trading company.

Because they told me that they are a manufacturer. and showed pictures of facilities. 

2/3 of film was defective, Adhesive was too weak to install. The korean company disappeared after I claimed. I still have $ 80K stock.

I was a fool.

How many compaies can produce PPF? Do you think new PPF manufacturer suddenly come up?

Go ask their Company License of the company.  When they started.

I will ask about them to my current Korean supplier. I will post.

Edited by J.Lambert

On ‎2017‎년 ‎3‎월 ‎1‎일 at 0:02 AM, PeteDin206 said:

Agreed.  The shop I'm working with has been testing Stek longer than most people and have had nothing but rave reviews from all of their customers.  As I stated these aren't normal clients either.  They are taking their cars on the track and are having the film applied to cars like GT3RS, 918, 911R and R8.  When I was in mapping out all the work I'm doing (tint and a few other things) a guy with a 911 GTS told me it was his 3rd car he was having redone to STek because he liked the quality better than his previous film (I didn't ask what he was coming from).  My biggest point was that post I was responding to was very targeted with no real info to back it up his claims.  I also noticed that Suntek itself just posted a similar photo of their film being installed on a phone.  Going to the Stek YouTube shows they did some film for phones which isn't surprising because the materials and process isn't that different.  I didn't see any "phone cases" like the poster called out. 

Phone cases is here.

I have no idea what company is. A film manufacturer sells this item?

They might delete those video later.

Edited by J.Lambert

I too did receive a sample from stek, The film was quite nice to install and  very clear. However I was disappointed with the price list i received.  overpriced for what it is.   I thought that being newer company in north america, being a korean brand. The cost would be efficient. I was very wrong. 

For the price i could purchase Llumar platinum, Suntek Ultra  both hydrophobic films. American branding and more well known name.    

Thats like buying a 60k hyundai luxury vehicle over a 60k BMW

I dont know, maybe its because were in Canada and its being distributed from the states. Maybe its the dollar conversion, duty fees and the non free shipping.

Like i said! nice film but doesn't make sense for us purchase.

On 3/2/2017 at 5:20 AM, J.Lambert said:

You need to read my article again. I didn`t mention their quality. I am questioning about the company STEK.

I think you are one of them.

Ok. let me tell you my history. 3 years ago, I bought 300 rolls of PPF from a korean comapny. I didn`t know they were a trading company.

Because they told me that they are a manufacturer. and showed pictures of facilities. 

2/3 of film was defective, Adhesive was too weak to install. The korean company disappeared after I claimed. I still have $ 80K stock.

I was a fool.

How many compaies can produce PPF? Do you think new PPF manufacturer suddenly come up?

Go ask their Company License of the company.  When they started.

I will ask about them to my current Korean supplier. I will post.

I dont work for Stek nor have anything to do with them.  I work for a software company in Seattle.  I did spend a huge amount of time researching the film that I am putting on my car.  I spend time talking to each of the shops that I was considering in my area who install Suntek, Xpel and Stek, as well as shops in neighboring cities.  I went and checked out a few cars that have had the film on each for many months including one of the early samples of Stek from the shop doing my car.  I also asked for honest opinions on the business practices of all the shops I could have worked with from friends who have had multiple cars wrapped by each.  

Personally I went with the installer with the best reputation in my area.  They have installed Xpel and moved to Stek because they believe it is a stronger product.  I could have easily gone with Xpel (similar pricing) or Suntek (cheaper) but given my research I feel confident I'm getting an excellent product from a very well qualified shop who has been around for a long time.

Checking out their film, I can tell you that no where near 2/3's of their film is defective so it is completely disingenuous to claim that some other company you bought from represents Stek's business/quality.   

Edited by PeteDin206

14 hours ago, J.Lambert said:

Phone cases is here.

I have no idea what company is. A film manufacturer sells this item?

They might delete those video later.

You realize they are showing off various materials that they make.  I'm guessing you wouldn't buy 3m products because they make all sorts of products other than film right?  They make sticky tape, which you (and most of the world) probably know it as "Scotch Tape"...