Flexishield

15 hours ago, Lauren @ FlexiShield said:

Hi there, 
Just to clarify this, we are a manufacturer based in Chandler, Arizona. :) 

@Lauren @ FlexiShield Can you clarify something for me. You said you are a manufacturer in Arizona. I know your parent company manufactures other products In AZ. Is your PPF (flexishield) also manufactured in AZ also? Not trying to imply it is not. I have just heard some chatter saying otherwise and want to clarify?

Edited by Jake

Hi @Jake
Yes, our PPF is made here as well as our Luxo window film line. It's actually kind of cool because my office shares a wall with the factory, I'll be chatting with a client and hear all kinds of crazy sounds back there lol. We pride ourselves on being an American manufacturer because it keeps our quality standards high and allows us to cut out the middle-man and keep our prices low. Just trying to do things differently and make it as easy on our installers as possible.  :)  not sure if I'm allowed to provide an email on here but please feel free to find me on Facebook if you'd like more info on our film specs. 

Guest Marty2441
On 6/13/2019 at 4:57 PM, Lauren @ FlexiShield said:

Pssst hey guys, FlexiShield rep here... our software program is going to be launched very soon (by the end of this month! can't tell ya the date yet though!). Has anyone on here used our film or tried the free trial of RAP yet? 

(In case anyone is wondering we use a Creaform 3D scanner for our patterns so they are incredibly precise) 

I'm curious how the 3D scanner is able to simulate stretch? 

Having looked into this myself as I understand it the software simulates the stretch after you have entered the parameters of the material being stretched. But happy to be corrected.

Steve 

On 6/26/2019 at 12:00 AM, Guest Marty2441 said:

I'm curious how the 3D scanner is able to simulate stretch? 

☝️  Precisely why the scanners don't have much value...they can't.  The difficulty in creating good patterns isn't getting the parameters of the bumper as it sits on the car, it's knowing where the kit needs to stretch, rotate, seam, etc.

On 7/1/2019 at 2:48 PM, XPEL Jeff said:

☝️  Precisely why the scanners don't have much value...they can't.  The difficulty in creating good patterns isn't getting the parameters of the bumper as it sits on the car, it's knowing where the kit needs to stretch, rotate, seam, etc.

Jeff is correct. Even when you scan which takes quite some time even with the current technology, you still need to test fit and adjust the pattern so that it can be a more accurate fit. Scanning, regardless of the articles out there or the promotions about it for our industry, currently lack the precise accuracy needed when drawing and test fitting. So even if it gets a baseline for you, the pattern still needs to be tested and adjusted to anticipate the fact that you are putting a 2D material on a 3D surface. There are certain areas you can't cover or need relief cuts in certain spots to allow for the film to actually sit and stay.