Not sure if something is wrong or not.

I will post pictures most likely tomorrow if it will be of help.

I got my tint done today, ceramic all around. My issue is with the rear window. I figured I need to give it time to cure but I have no idea if what I'm looking at is normal. In the rear, the top part of the tinted area looks to be like a long stretch of an air bubble going from the left side to the middle of the top of the tint, a strip of sorts.

Will it go away with curing? How long should I wait for it to cure before bringing it back to the tint place? The rest of the tint looks great, but the rear has that issue and it's very blurry when I look in the rear view mirror at night.

I was going to guess that you had a big section of dot matrix at the top of your window but I don't believe that's the case...

Can't answer much more without pictures...

I can say it does take a couple days to dry... And the colder the air and in rainy conditions it takes longer for the moisture to evaporate... And film will sometimes change an amazing amount as it dries... So be patient :thumb

I really appreciate the confirmation. I do believe there's some sort of dot matrix as I recall from looking at the tint. That's exactly where this "air bubble" is. I am trying to be patient but as a first time tint consumer and after spending $450 on all around ceramic tint can't say I'd expect anything less than perfect.

I put my car where the sun will hit so hopefully that will speed up the process tomorrow morning.

I will post pictures most likely tomorrow if it will be of help.

I got my tint done today, ceramic all around. My issue is with the rear window. I figured I need to give it time to cure but I have no idea if what I'm looking at is normal. In the rear, the top part of the tinted area looks to be like a long stretch of an air bubble going from the left side to the middle of the top of the tint, a strip of sorts.

Will it go away with curing? How long should I wait for it to cure before bringing it back to the tint place? The rest of the tint looks great, but the rear has that issue and it's very blurry when I look in the rear view mirror at night.

Nope it wont go away thats nomal. The dotted edges will not let film adhere in between dots thus giving it a silver or whiteish appearance. 

Take Care

Archived