glass bigger then 40 squar ft

Guest pulus

Guest pulus

Hey I'm from holland and I see you guys now much more then in holland so I've a question.

Can I tint tempered glass from 40 square ft Johnson and Suntec say I can not tint it Why not???

Typ of film SYDS25

Guest metint

as FM has alluded to... if it is dual pane, the concern would be seal failure not glass failure.

The glass will be fine as long as it's tempered and as long as the film's absorption rate does not exceed 50%. Tempered can withstand higher rates than 50%, however, not knowing the film you speak of I am responding conservatively.

Guest pulus
as FM has alluded to... if it is dual pane, the concern would be seal failure not glass failure.

The glass will be fine as long as it's tempered and as long as the film's absorption rate does not exceed 50%. Tempered can withstand higher rates than 50%, however, not knowing the film you speak of I am responding conservatively.

the film has a absorption of 48% so I think that is not the problem

but maybe the large window 13ft high by 9ft ? 4,4meter by 2,8meter between the windows is silecone.

It is a Suntec film.

Guest TintPoser

Here's the deal..... (I am always right - Deal with it - That's what I told the Divorce Lawyer)

the manufacturer won't warranty any IG over 40SF. You can usually do a a Mono with 100+ SF, but even on tempered, you should relly look at all the edges for chips and cracks before you use any dark film(Tempered can have edge flaws as well). Watch out for trees, overhangs and decals. and as with any job, there is no warranty till the job is done and the paperwork is sent to the manufacturer.

If it is a monolothic piece, you should be fine even with straight up limo as long as you have a clear view

Archived