tinting my own house

So I've been dealing with automotive window tint for the past 5 years, but have never done residential. I'm not looking into getting anything special but decent film. my wife has a problem with people/neighbors passing by and staring into our house. would a 35/40% film work or should i go with a DR film? and if so, what percentage? can someone explain to me the benefits of both films so i make the right decision.  thanks in advance. 

also, if i don't make sense please let me know. lol 

You'll need something a little darker than that. 25% dual reflective is what I have. You have to get close to the window and actually try to look in to see someone. Most d r films are safe for dual pane so it's a safe bet.

You'll need something a little darker than that. 25% dual reflective is what I have. You have to get close to the window and actually try to look in to see someone. Most d r films are safe for dual pane so it's a safe bet.

i was told that by a few installers that I've worked with before. they recommended a company called optitune (spelling) or pearl light. has anyone ever used these films or heard of them? and whats average driving if you know by chance.

i was told that by a few installers that I've worked with before. they recommended a company called optitune (spelling) or pearl light. has anyone ever used these films or heard of them? and whats average driving if you know by chance.

HANITA is always a good option. But i would recommend at least 20% for privacy. 

Just keep in mind the privacy only works during the day. At night when the lights are on inside and it is dark outside, people walking by will still be able to see in.

That being said - I'd also suggest something in the 20%-25% range. :thumb2

Archived