SOLAR FX which line do you prefer?

Okay so as of this week we are switching films. we already know we are going to purchase around 5 rolls. i belive we were going to offer the UltraFX and the Classic series for those who want just a quick cheap tint job(the price shoppers) haha. and the vintage we will carry as well. What line of SolarFX is yalls favorite? Do any of yall have pictures of the film on a piece of glass for color examples?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php/topic/84833-solar-fx-carbon-vs-suntek-carbon/#entry1341617

Posted in this thread yesterday with a few pics. I personally wouldn't use anything that isn't color stable. If you're dead seton it though then the vintage would be a great option. I personally like the ultra line over the carbon for a couple reasons mainly the coloring though in the 5 and 43 of the carbon I'm not a fan of. Shawn and his crew at dragon are top notch though. I don't believe you'll find better people in this industry.

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php/topic/84833-solar-fx-carbon-vs-suntek-carbon/#entry1341617

Posted in this thread yesterday with a few pics. I personally wouldn't use anything that isn't color stable. If you're dead seton it though then the vintage would be a great option. I personally like the ultra line over the carbon for a couple reasons mainly the coloring though in the 5 and 43 of the carbon I'm not a fan of. Shawn and his crew at dragon are top notch though. I don't believe you'll find better people in this industry.

Thank you! We are ordering the UltraFX for now! Can't wait to use this stuff! Ready to move on from what we have been using haha

Thank you! We are ordering the UltraFX for now! Can't wait to use this stuff! Ready to move on from what we have been using haha

Hey Sunstopwindowtinting, I would like to personally welcome you to the SolarFX Window Films family. We appreciate that you chose to give our films a shot. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help you out!

Shawn

I recently partially switched to SOLAR FX as well but so far have only switched out one of my lines of films. I'm using their Vintage Series (which they say is their best seller) as my entry level film. Once my inventory depletes I plan on ordering other lines of their film. I sampled Ultra and was pleased with it but keep in mind that its a charcoal film. The Vintage was also great as well. I just have to get used to using a different film. Was thinking of doing Vintage, Ultra or Carbon, Hybrid FX and perhaps FXtreme. Still deciding though.

I recently partially switched to SOLAR FX as well but so far have only switched out one of my lines of films. I'm using their Vintage Series (which they say is their best seller) as my entry level film. Once my inventory depletes I plan on ordering other lines of their film. I sampled Ultra and was pleased with it but keep in mind that its a charcoal film. The Vintage was also great as well. I just have to get used to using a different film. Was thinking of doing Vintage, Ultra or Carbon, Hybrid FX and perhaps FXtreme. Still deciding though.

How did you like the charcoal color? I believe we will be offering their classic as well for the "price shoppers". And then the FXtreme for the very high end cars etc.

How did you like the charcoal color? I believe we will be offering their classic as well for the "price shoppers". And then the FXtreme for the very high end cars etc.

The charcoal color was nice (wish I had samples), but to be honest I can't really really tell a huge difference between the two. My personal preference is black films but I have installed charcoal and black films for many years and no customer has ever questioned any color difference. I have also been told though that charcoal films match better to most of the factory films on todays newer vehicles. But again, with that I haven't noticed much of a difference or issue.

I thought about doing the classic as well for my entry level film for price shoppers. But another forum member suggested against that because it was a 5 year warranty film. They said it might put your shops reputation on the line if you did that. I kinda agree with that.

What is your film line-up like?

Archived