Can i use this window film?

82x35 inch glass panes for a storefront. They want the windows tinted at 70%.

I have alot of maxpro maxcool ir 70% (nano ceramic) car film, wondering if i could use that safely. I know its auto film and people are going to give me sh** for asking this.

Yes i know alot of people experience "breakage" with car film on commercial windows but since this is such a light film, do you think i would have a problem with it?

It is for a friend and i am trying to do it with leftover tint to make it cheaper on them. Its in florida where it can get pretty hot but im thinking since its such a light film i wouldnt have an issue. Opinions are appreciated

Even though the film is light you need to look at the film absorption %, that will give you a good indicator. If it is truly a Ceramic film, the ceramic material is a heat absorber. Heck your specs or call MaxPro for their advice.

If they're single pane tempered you can stick whatever on it. If dual pane I would check with max pro on the absorption rate as it's not listed on the webpage. Looking at the numbers though it looks like the 70 dips down between the 80 and 60 for some reason so you may be ok. Is there a particular reason for wanting to go so light?

I've installed some solar gard and liked the installation. Also I've used Johnson's flat glass and express window films line, which has held up nicely. Probably going to try out the dual reflective from solar fx next chance I get.

Archived