Defroster lines wiping off

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2015 Audi A4 did it to us. Thankfully the client used to install tint about 10 years ago for a competitor in the area. He took it to Audi, and as usual, Audi would NOT do anything for him. $1300 rear glass install later, he brought it back for us to finish it. Didn't blame us. Said he got on the forums and found that it DOES happen from time to time to ALL mannys so knew it wasn't anything we did.

Yesterday good customer had a brand new Gmc ext truck and I only did the door glass but he asked about the center glass of the power slider rear that looked like the defroster lines were missing the element and I said yes they have been hacked with a razor or defect something and only the 2 lower lines worked when we turned it on with water on them

Not sure why but need to look them over so we don't get blamed when defrosters don't work

30 years and never seen one just wipe off. Have seen a few from age start to flake before install but it didn't really matter to customers in Savannah. Must be an adhesive went brittle at the factory that Friday and it was getting late.

Cheers

30 years and never seen one just wipe off. Have seen a few from age start to flake before install but it didn't really matter to customers in Savannah. Must be an adhesive went brittle at the factory that Friday and it was getting late.

Cheers

Indeed I have wetintcars. That would suck. I would stop soon as I seen it coming off, call the customer and let them wipe the rest to understand, then they can decide what way they want to go. It is interesting though. Goes to show ya, learn something new every day.

Thank you all

Cheers

Archived