04 F-150 Front Strip

Guest cooltint

Guest cooltint

Any one had trouble with removing the RVM on a 04 F-150?

I did........... The mirror and the bracket came off , but stayed glued to the glass.

What is the trick to taking off this RVM sucessfully?

Luckily the truck had less than 300 miles on it and I told the customer to take it back to the dealership and have it covered under warranty. :shock

Was the glass defective?

Guest xltint

ha ha I did ont the other day and I always used a metal spoon with the handle bent at the end but this one not only did the mirror come off but with no extra charge I took out a big chunk of glass also.. :broken

right after he asked me to make sure I did not break the damn thing

The same thing happened to me on an S-10. I agree that window strips are more trouble than they are worth. I have been slowly raising the price for strips over the last few years. With the new electronic like GPS and Sattellite radio antenae being attached to the windshield I think the day will come when doing front strips wont be worth the risk at any price.

Visor strips are more trouble than they are worth.

[*]140147

Exactly why we charge out the arse for them. Hate doing them, and no matter how you do them, I personally don't like it. Factory edge, contoured, even that little trick TD uses to roll the edges down (which is neat by the way, but....), I just don't like them.

Archived